Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 8467
Position Title: Accounting Analyst II
Assist with the coordination of the month-end close process, and perform month-end closing activities such as preparing reconciliations and journal entries.
- Perform analysis and calculations of customer and store occupancy liabilities and other operating accruals to ensure their compliance with GAAP standards.
- Prepare semi-annual budget projections and monthly forecasts related to customer liability and occupancy accounts.
- Work closely with members of the finance and business teams to provide timely support as issues arise.
- Assist with the annual audit process with the independent auditors.
- Research complex accounting issues and draft memos with conclusions on treatment and effects on the Company.
- Special projects as required by management to support on-going need of the business.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 2-3 years accounting experience, preferably in public accounting
- CPA certification a plus
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP and the ability to research guidance to determine proper accounting treatment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with numerous personality types and various levels of management
- Ability to work independently and efficiently and to keep manager informed of issues
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and time management skills
- Excellent PC skills, particularly Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and balance workload effectively
- Knowledge of Oracle Financials or related accounting software package
Community / Marketing Title: Accounting Analyst
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US