Assistant Designer / Product Manager - Wovens
Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 5256
Position Title: Asst Product Mgr
Reporting to the Product Manager, the Assistant Product Manager is responsible for the creation and development of the category into a marketable product line that meets the division’s goals and margin guidelines.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Participate in all stages of seasonal category product development.
- Consistently shop and research the marketplace (global, domestic and through the Web) to provide innovative ideas to include fabric, techniques, trim silhouette and other example for the category.
- Strong understanding of Talbots customer ~ ability to present ideas through Photoshop and Illustrator for presentation boards and details that translate and reflect brand identity.
- Execute pre-production package and provide input on fabric/trim detail, pitch sheets, wash standards to Sourcing and Technical Design.
- Partner with Product Manager and cross-functional teams to include Merchandising, Sourcing, Technical Design and overseas offices to ensure all phases of division objectives from initial design to final product are being achieved.
- Initiate coloration of seasonal prints and ensure artwork is production ready for category. Coordinate seasonal color palette execution for category.
- Complete and maintain paperwork process for department including the preparation and updating of Web PDM, update sketches and product details. Partner with cross-functional partners to ensure needs are met.
- Approve lab dips, trims, strike offs, washes and other approvals necessary to ensure standards are met. Communicate all approvals in a timely level with overseas agents to maintain Time & Action deadlines.
- Manage and maintain all current season style sampling as well as past season style archives.
- Coordinate with Sourcing to sample according to global sourcing strategy.
- Assist Product Manager with fittings; keep detailed notes and provide input/feedback on garment styling/construction.
- Responsible for meeting all milestone meetings and achieving all calendar deadlines as related to the specific responsibility of the product category.
- Bachelor’s Degree in fashion and/or design preferred
- 1-2 years’ experience in design/and/or production
- Proficient in computer programs including Microsoft Office Word and Excel, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience working in Web PDM.
- Fabric and garment construction knowledge
- Understanding of design, product development and merchandising process.
- Excellent organizational, communication, time management and team building skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a highly team oriented environment.
Community / Marketing Title: Assistant Designer / Product Manager - Wovens
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US