Associate CAD Designer
Location: New York, New York US
Job Number: 7556
Position Title: Assoc CAD Artist
Our Associate CAD Designer creates original prints and digitizing purchased prints for product design. Associate CAD Designer is responsible for executing technical print packages for overseas factory pass off, and works closely with Senior CAD Designer to assist in initiatives for the CAD Department in support of product development.
- Limited ownership and responsibility to design category – participate in print framework meetings, execute CAD requests, assist in setting up “action” meetings, and assist in daily email correspondence for particular category.
- Produce artwork on a seasonal basis that maintains the Talbots aesthetic. Create and edit new print and pattern, re-work archived prints, alter and digitize vintage fabrics, and create seasonal colorways based on direction from Senior CAD Designer.
- Assist Designers on print development by classifications to meet expectations and deadlines.
- Assist in the preparation of artwork package for production ready standards; uploading files for cross-functional review.
- Assist in departmental maintenance such as printer maintenance, file archiving and maintenance; maintain layout library and flat library.
- Assist and follow through in troubleshooting printers and computer software when needed.Assist in creating and maintaining seasonal palettes.
- Daily communication to cross-functional partners.
- Adjust to changing business needs as well to changing time & action calendar.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Intermediate level CAD skills in Adobe Suite and Lectra Kaledo Suite.
- Attention to detail with a color sense.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Knowledge of print and textile design; including yarndyes, knits, and print repeats.
- Candidate must excel in productivity (ability to follow time & action calendar), organizational (file and project management), and communication skills (interdepartmental).
- Minimum 2-4 years industry experience; preferably in women’s fashion/apparel.
Community / Marketing Title: Associate CAD Designer
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: New York, New York US