Assistant Designer - Softline Accessories
Location: New York, New York US
Job Number: 7555
Position Title: Asst Designer
Reporting to the Senior Designer, the Assistant Designer supports the creation and development of the category into marketable product line. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Participates in all stages of seasonal category product development.
- Consistently shops the marketplace (locally and through the web) to provide innovative ideas for category.
- Strong understanding of Talbots customer -- ability to present ideas through sketching, presentation boards and details that translate and reflect brand identity.
- Executes tech packs, utilizing Adobe Illustrator for flat and technical sketches, prepares pitch and trim sheets under supervision of Sr. Designer.
- Partners with Senior Designer and cross-functional teams (Product Development, Sourcing, Tech, Research + Development and Merchandising) to ensure all phases of goal development from initial design to final product are being met.
- Assists with fittings, keeps details notes and provides input/feedback as necessary.
- Completes and maintains paperwork process for department, including the preparation and updates of sketches and product specifications.
- Responsible for achieving all calendar deadlines for Design.
- Manages and maintains trim and development library.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion or Design preferred.
- Minimum 1+ year(s) experience.
- Excellent computer skills; Illustrator. Experience with WebPDM and Photoshop a plus.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Key attention to detail.
- Ability to initiate, anticipate needs and manage up.
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to multitask and problem solve.
- Team player who enjoys a collaborative work environment.
Community / Marketing Title: Assistant Designer - Softline Accessories
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: New York, New York US