Retail Assistant Manager (Sales)
Location: Troy, Michigan US
Job Number: 18074
Position Title: Sales Manager
What We Offer:
- Growth! Here at Talbots our goal is to give you the tools to grow beyond this position and into the next.
- SMIP: Store Management Incentive Bonus Program.
- Complete Benefit Package! Our benefits kick off the first day of the month after your start date. To learn more, visit our We Care page.
- Generous Discount: 50%, 60% & 70% Merchandise Discount off Talbots and Haven Well Within.
- Other Perks: Referral Incentive Program, discounts on travel, shopping, concerts and more.
What we Value “WE CARE”:
- We Win as a team and are dedicated to ensuring and applauding each other’s success.
- We Encourage creativity, innovation and smart risk-taking.
- We are Committed to building relationships with our customers and associates by knowing, serving, and delighting them.
- We Act with integrity, transparency, candor, and respect.
- We Respect, honor and value diversity and are invested in cultivating a dynamic and inclusive culture.
- We Embrace community by bringing positive change to those we live and work in.
Who You Are:
- Passionate about selling, with a natural ability to generate thoughtful ways to drive new traffic into the store.
- A model of professionalism with strong work ethic, integrity, and respect for others.
- Customer-centric, understanding how the importance of exceptional service contributes to growing store sales.
- An educator, coach and mentor that inspires team associates based on their individual strengths.
- Organized and strategic with the ability to make independent decisions and capable of working in a fast paced ever changing environment.
- A clear communicator of business-related information, and brand initiatives.
- Ambitious, enthusiastic and friendly, with the ability to work cooperatively in a diverse work environment.
- Possess the technological aptitude to navigate, coach and train computer POS/iPad/handheld systems.
- Comfortable climbing ladders, moving around regularly, and standing for extended periods of time.
- Able to bend, reach, stretch for product as well as lift, carry, and move at least 40 lbs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the business including opening/closing shifts as well as weekends and holidays.
- Have open availability of 40 hours per week.
What You'll Do:
- Create and foster a culture of hospitality through exceptional customer experiences that build enduring relationships both internally and externally.
- Help customers to look and feel their best by providing style advise based on their specific needs.
- Provide exceptional and meaningful customer service experiences that promote the product and builds brand loyalty.
- Achieve sales and hospitality driven metrics in key measurable areas including: clientelling/outreach, appointment setting, Talbots Classic Awards etc.
- Reinforce consistent selling and service standards through coaching, training, and accountability.
- Prioritize daily tasks and responsibilities to meet the needs of the customer, team and business.
- Understand the appropriate balance needed between operational and selling energy and ensure proper planning/scheduling and prioritizing tasks and responsibilities to meet the needs of the business.
- Maintain knowledge of business and competitive landscape, fashion trends and key business drivers to strategically identify opportunities that will maximize sales and ensure financial goals are achieved.
- Ensure compliance of all company policies and procedures as well as local, state, and federal employment laws.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships that support a productive work environment.
Note: This position description is intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. It is not intended to be inclusive of all duties and responsibilities and is subject to change.
Community / Marketing Title: Retail Assistant Manager (Sales)
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Troy, Michigan US