Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 13874
Position Title: Merchandise Coordinator
The Merchandise Coordinator role is a support function for the merchant team intended to provide sample organization support throughout the merchandising process. Merchandise Coordinator at Talbots is responsible for managing samples used for all product meetings, laydown and on-figure photoshoots. In this role, the Merchandise Coordinator will build strong working relationships with cross functional partners to organize, track and return samples critical to a successful workflow.
- Manage photo sample tracking process for each season for incoming apparel, accessory and footwear samples. Check-in, label and confirm samples for integrity; accurately document and communicate sample discrepancies to key stake holders.
- Work closely with internal partners to communicate with overseas agents and factories to make sure photo samples arrive on time. Problem solving and strong communication required with visual and merchandising when samples are delayed.
- Gather, label, and organize sample racks for each department for Catalog & Web sample handoffs.
- Review samples as they arrive with merchandising team; follow up where necessary regarding incorrect samples
- Provide samples for Marketing/ Social / Public Relations teams when requested.
- Coordinate and manage any “sharing” of samples that is needed throughout the teams in the building.
- Gather and organize samples for Merchant for all weekly business meetings as well as other product meetings where samples are required.
- Communicate with Catalog, Store Visual and Web teams to ensure all samples are delivered, packed and/or shipped for upcoming photoshoots or floorsets. Track down any carryover or new samples that are requested.
- Responsible for assisting Sample Room Manager in receiving and unpacking incoming samples into the sample room for all divisions – apparel and accessory and footwear.
Internal and External Relationships:
- Merchants, Visual Managers (catalog, web and stores), Sample Room Manager, Product Management, Sourcing Managers. Product Development, Sample Coordinator
Number of Direct Reports and Titles:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Retail fashion background preferred.
- Systems and computer literacy-Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills and time management; detail oriented, deadline driven and able to work independently at times
- Creative problem-solving skills, ability to prioritize and multi task in a face pace environment
- Communication Skills; written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoys collaborating within team dynamic and fast paced environment
- Interest and passion in fashion, merchandising, and operations
- Must be able to push, pull and lift up to 40 lbs. on a frequent to occasional basis.
- Must be able to be on your feet all or most of the day, standing and/or walking.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel assigned to this job.
Community / Marketing Title: Merchandise Coordinator
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US