Art Director, Retail Marketing
Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 13509
Position Title: Art Director Retail Marketing
The Art Director is responsible for executing print creative for in-store branding and promo material. This position works closely with senior creatives and partnering teams to develop and maintain Talbots’ high standard and elevated brand aesthetic for all deliverables, and ensures that design responsibilities are completed on time.
- Design high-quality layouts with a fashion editorial-sense of type design and composition. Follow Talbots’ established brand look & feel, with an emphasis on brand consistency, always mindful of the Talbots customer.
- Collaborate with Copy, Marketing, and Visual Merchandising teams to develop visually impactful branding, collateral and signage programs that bridge the creative concepts with the merchandising and marketing strategies. Projects include print materials for: in-store and window display branding & signage, direct mail promo marketing, and loyalty program collateral.
- Develop monthly store set and promotional campaigns with approved brand photography and editorial copy. Refine and prepare layouts for the review & approval process, working closely with Senior Creatives on revisions and edits for follow-up reviews. Partner with the Visual Merchandising team to prepare & produce in-house materials for internal store mockup reviews.
- Review proofs and work closely with Copy, Graphic Production and Print Production teams to finalize layouts/images/files for print release.
- Communicate project status to Creative Director and Project Managers. Proactively navigate the creative process, schedules, and deadlines.
Internal and External Relationships:
SVP of Marketing
VP of Marketing
Retouching & Print Vendors
Number of Direct Reports and Titles:
- College degree and 5+ years of related experience in graphic design (retail/fashion brand experience a plus).
- Expert in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat.
- Strong design skills with sophisticated typography and an eye for color.
- Creative problem solver and team player, ready to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with tight schedules and deadlines. Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of printing techniques and production.
Community / Marketing Title: Art Director, Retail Marketing
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US