Omni-Channel Integration Specialist
Location: Tampa, Florida US
Job Number: 13486
Position Title: Omni Channel Integration Analyst
This is a full-time position working closely with our business teams and IT partners focused on developing and supporting enterprise systems integrations to support our omni channel selling systems. The analyst will assess new requests and collaborate with multiple teams to plan and implement solutions. Over time this role will develop extensive domain knowledge of our customer facing and backend systems involved in delivering a unified customer experience.
Experience with .net integration development is preferred.
This position will act in a leadership capacity on projects assigned to them and will be responsible for ensuring management is kept current on project status and milestone deliverables. This position will also assist in post implementation support and system enhancements.
The primary accountability is to translate business requirements into system requirements, design specifications and document new and/or existing application requirements. Ensure that new or existing systems meet business requirements and practices and that all application interface issues/concerns are understood, documented and addressed satisfactorily
- Coordinate development of solutions with internal IT teams and external teams.
- Modify and develop new programs as an individual contributor.
- Facilitate QA, UAT and production roll out activities to deliver solutions in production.
- Support operations of existing processes (on call support required)
- Participate in code peer reviews
- Develop well structured, easily maintained program code. Prepares documentation of developed programs and processes
- Follow all established policies and procedures within the IT and corporate environment. This will include published security standards and coding techniques as well as the documented IT strategy
- For assigned projects, responsible for managing all aspects of the SDM including but not limited to status updates, definition and tracking of project milestones, system design, and tracking of financial deliverables including capital labor
- Actively participate in the Request for Proposal (RFP) process for software purchases, evaluating the results and providing recommendations to upper management and the business
- Ensure all deliverables are of the highest quality
- Prepares estimates for complex projects to provide management with information needed to accurately forecast project delivery dates
- Assist project team with unit testing. Develop system test plans and perform full system testing prior to implementation
- Assist in the mentoring and training and development of others
- Works with business teams to understand business processes
Internal and External Relationships:
- Work with the stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new functional requests/projects
- Work with all levels of IT and business where appropriate
- System vendors for software support.
Number of Direct Reports and Titles:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 - 6 years experience defining, designing and implementing major applications
- 6-8 years of programming experience
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills
- Expertise in project management is valued (PMBOK, Agile methodologies, etc.)
- Keen problem solving skills, ability to deal with complex situations and recommend a technical solution
- Must be flexible and able to respond to rapid change to meet business needs
- Strong analytic, problem solving and business acumen
- Strong coding skills required in the language and/or tools of the specific applications area
- Strong database coding, tuning, design skills required in the language of the specific applications area
- Ability to learn new technology and stay abreast of current technical trends
- Ability to translate business needs into creative technological solutions
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel assigned to this job.
Community / Marketing Title: Omni-Channel Integration Specialist
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tampa, Florida US