E-Commerce Developer (Remote)
Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 12986
Position Title: Sr Programmer Analyst
This position will be based remotely.
The E-Commerce Developer is dedicated defining, coding, and executing technical solutions as a developer on the SFCC(Demandware) platform. These solutions may be complex and cross multiple areas of the company. This person will work closely with the Product Owner(s) and the business community to understand and define business requirements. They will then translate the business requirements into Technical System Requirements, Technical Design Specifications, and code the solution. This position will also assist in post implementation support and system enhancements as well as resolving performance tuning.
What We Offer:
- Growth! Here at Talbots our goal is to give you the tools to grow beyond this position and into the next.
- Condensed Work Week! If we have no work obligations, our Life-Work balance approach allows for us to start our weekend at 1pm on Fridays.
- Complete Benefit Package! Our benefits kick off the first day of the month after your start date! Discover more about our full benefits package here. We have competitive time off, including paid time to volunteer within the community.
- Merchandise Discounts! 50% off Talbots and our Haven Well Within brand as well as local business discounts (where applicable)!
What You'll Do:
- Translate business requirements into detailed system requirements, design specifications and document new and/or existing application requirements. Ensure that new or existing systems meet business requirements and practices and that all application interface issues/concerns are understood, documented and addressed satisfactorily
- Peer-review submitted code from development team to ensure the highest quality of code and adherence to best-practices.
- Work collaboratively with Business and IT leadership to provide high-level estimates on up-coming projects
- Provide estimates for development requests.
- Develop well structured, easily maintained program code. Prepare documentation of developed programs and processes
- Follow all established policies and procedures within the IT and corporate environment. This will include published security standards and coding techniques as well as the documented IT strategy
- For assigned projects, responsible for managing all aspects of the SDM including but not limited to status updates, definition and tracking of project milestones.
- Assist project team with unit testing. Develop system test plans and perform full system testing prior to implementation
- Provide production support to existing systems
- Monitor and resolve performance tuning issues
- Follow the established principles of the Information Technology Mission, Vision, Values & Principles (MVVP)
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of application development experience
- Experience in the design and development of custom integrations (both internal and external) for SalesForce Commerce Cloud.
- Experience in designing and developing solutions in Java.
- Experience in the creation and maintenance of services integrated with Microsoft Azure
- Apply best practices for Agile Software Development.
- Strong technical background covering a variety of platforms, databases, and coding languages
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills
- Keen problem-solving skills, ability to deal with complex situations and recommend a technical solution
- Must be flexible and able to respond to rapid change to meet business needs
- Strong analytic, problem solving and business acumen
- Strong coding skills required in the language and/or tools of the specific applications area
- Strong database coding, tuning, design skills required in the language of the specific applications area
- Ability, to learn new technology and stay abreast of current technical trends
- Ability to translate business needs into creative technological solutions
- SFCC B2C Commerce Developer (required)
- Java certification (preferred)
- Azure certification (preferred)
Preferred technology experience:
- Front end development technologies (HTML5, CSS, SCSS, Bootstrap, etc.)
- SFRA - Storefront Reference Architecture
- Hybrid/Headless Commerce
- Page Designer
- Ecommerce stores with external gateways such as third-party eCommerce service providers.
- Atlassian Suite: Bitbucket,Confluence, Jira
- Java, Spring, Spring Boot, Rest APIs, Eclipse, SVN
- Database technologies: SQL
- Jenkins (Jenkins pipe-line)
Community / Marketing Title: E-Commerce Developer (Remote)
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US