Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 11882
Position Title: Sr Copywriter
Are you a quick study of brand voice? Do you understand the subtle nuances of language that distinguish one brand from another? Do you have a love for storytelling? A passion for fashion? If you answered ‘yes’ to all of these questions, we’d love to hear from you. The Senior Copywriter we’re looking for has a demonstrated retail background and a knowledge for fashion. This person can follow projects from concept to printed piece and deliver consistently compelling, on-brand copy for our retail side (monthly catalogs, cross-channel concepts, store signage, direct mail, lookbooks, etc. The position will report to the Copy Director.
Create compelling on-brand copy (and content strategy) for Talbots retail stores and all elements associated, including: catalog, corporate branding projects, customer loyalty programs, direct mail, store signs and windows, seasonal lookbooks, translating brand moments to respective mediums.
- Consistently offer up innovate ways to evolve the above in keeping with brand voice.
- Collaborate with senior art directors, art directors, graphic designers, and graphic production artists and proofreaders as a key member the retail creative team.
- Work seamlessly with others copywriters, design, direct marketing, retail and merchant teams to maximize project and product knowledge.
- Work on scheduled projects with the ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice to meet business needs.
- Inspire, mentor and manage copywriters focusing on retail projects. Assign and manage projects given to other writers when necessary.
Internal and External Relationships:
- Copy team
- Graphic production
- Marketing department
- Retail marketing
- Project management
Number of Direct Reports and Titles:
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, journalism, English, or related field
- 5+ years copywriting experience in advertising, direct marketing, promotion, publishing, or related field. Background in retail a plus
- Has a portfolio of creative work that demonstrates focus on retail and/or web strategy and execution; or on catalog item copy, headline, long & short editorial. Or on all three. (a link or pdf samples preferred).
- Understands the way a brand voice works in different channels; ability to strategize and craft it respectively. Proven ability to write with purpose, infuse copy with emotion.
- Possesses strong concepting, detail-mindedness, a passion for words that may border on obsession, compassion, and solid communication skills.
- Is able to move quickly and comfortably between multiple projects, production schedules, and sometimes corporate headquarters (Hingham, MA and New York, NY)
- Loves teams, teamwork, listening, interpreting, learning, participating, and inspiring
- Has previous experience managing people desirable
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel assigned to this job.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr Copywriter
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US