HR Operations Specialist for Hingham & Lakeville MA Locations
Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 11284
Position Title: H697 - HR Operations Specialist
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for everybody type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
Dual role supporting the HR Operations Team in our Hingham Massachusetts office and providing customer service in our Distribution Center located in Lakeville Massachusetts. This position is responsible for providing HR administrative and project support. Duties include providing first-level (Tier 1) response to internal and external HR related inquiries and associate questions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Hingham, MA location:
- Responsible for initial contact for associates and managers regarding benefits, recruiting and HR Information Systems (HRIS) questions in an environment of high customer service.
- Responsible for managing new hire orientation of Corporate and Lakeville associates
- Manage the I9 process. Assure all I9s are processed accurately and meets federal law compliance of requirements and deadlines. Work with associates and managers to resolve any I9 issues or problems. Manage relationship with vendor
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activity
- Assist in ad-hoc HR projects, like collection of employee feedback
- Manage ongoing record retention administration
- Assist with planning and execution of monthly employee activities and recognition
- Manage ordering and tracking HR Supplies
- Manage vendor invoicing in Oracle system for occupational health, transportation, cafeteria events and other services utilized by the department
- Assist with entering and tracking employment data including open requisitions, open headcount reports, terminations and new hires
- Maintain HR files/file room
- Ensures strict confidentiality of all work and information, based on company policies and procedures.
- Manage special projects as assigned
Lakeville, MA location:
- Answer and direct department phone calls from applicants, vendors and internal contacts/applicants. Take messages and assist callers with recruitment related questions.
- Respond to internal and external HR related inquiries
- Assist with employee questions, concerns or support needs.
- Solution oriented; able to problem solve quickly and efficiently and communicate next steps.
- Able to prioritize time sensitive, urgent issues that arise.
- Manage the new hire onboarding experience including the pre-hire administrative process, scheduling and facilitating orientation.
- Schedule meetings, interviews, HR events
- Work with temporary staffing agencies to secure additional labor when requested, manage onboarding of new temp associates as well as agency invoicing.
- Assist associates with Workday troubleshooting, standard benefits inquiries and field related employment questions or concerns.
- Knowledge and experience at a level normally acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree
- 0-2 years of professional corporate office experience, preferably in Human Resources
- Excellent customer service and verbal communication skills required
- Excellent relationship building skills at all levels throughout the organization
- Strong customer service skills with an approachable attitude
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Teams, a plus
- Previous working experience using Workday and/or Gr8 People, a plus
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Community / Marketing Title: HR Operations Specialist for Hingham & Lakeville MA Locations
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US