Senior Leave Analyst
Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 6234
Position Title: Sr Leave of Absence Analyst
Responsible for administration of the company’s Leave Administration, Absence Management and Time-Off Plans/Programs. Acts as internal resource to third party leave administrator and as backup to other Benefit Administration staff members focused on Health and Wellness programs. Position remains current on regulation changes and manages/implements timely updates to absence and benefits policies. Position is responsible for making sure Workday configuration is in compliance with our plan, laws and regulations.
Position is also responsible for administration of Talbots policies and procedures function. Assure the function and software is operating efficiently and in compliance. Track status of all policies and procedures, lead meetings, surface issues, etc.
Responsibilities include managing assigned programs, insuring compliance, drafting communications, organizing events, tracking data, coordinating process (including open enrollment), supporting wellness initiatives and managing assigned programs/functions.
Reports to Director of Benefits.
- Manages administration of the Company’s leaves, time off and absence management programs. Assure programs are operating in compliance with our plan and regulations. Assure our systems are in alignment. Act as SME for time off and absence management programs.
- Supports medical, dental, life insurance, long-and short-term disability insurance plans, voluntary life and disability plans, wellness activities and Workday Absence Management program as needed.
- Counsels associates on absence management and benefits plans and programs. Responds to inquiries, interprets policy and acts as a liaison with vendors. Resolves escalated associate issues. Provides a high level of customer service on tier 2 and 3 issues.
- Acts as subject matter expert to Human Resources, associates, departments and vendors primarily for leaves of absence and time off plans.
- Acts as Workday Administrator for all leaves of absence and time off plans. Acts as SME for Workday questions. Responsible for Workday preparation of WD requirements, configurations, testing and validations. Recommends and implements Workday solutions. Optimize Workday functionality for leaves of absence and time off plans. Audits Workday configuration to ensure compliance with policies, procedures, laws, and regulations.
- Responsible for reporting and performing internal audits to ensure accuracy and efficiency of data and file feeds between HRIS/Payroll and external vendors. Takes action to resolve errors with internal partners and vendors.
- Develops benefit communications. Prepares and distributes Absence Management plan information to associates by email, online or paper as required in compliance with Federal and state regulations and laws.
- Provides support to annual enrollment activities including benefit fairs and other department initiatives.
- Manages the Benefits Department invoice function. Ensures invoices are reviewed and processed accurately and are in accordance with established accounting procedures. Surface any outliers or issues. Ensures spending is in alignment with fiscal year budget. Participates in the review of benefit plan provider enrollment reports and monthly billing statements to ensure their accuracy, and follow up to correct any discrepancies. Provides ongoing reporting to management for tracking expenses against the department’s annual budget.
- Manages administration of company policies and procedures function. Acts as subject matter expert for the function. Ensures the function is operating efficiently and in compliance. Coordinates and leads policy and procedure meetings. Tracks and drives all document changes to ensure compliance. Surfaces issues. SME for software.
- College degree or equivalence experience
- 4-6+ years of experience.
- Previous experience with leave of absence administration, time off and health and wellness plans preferred.
- Workday Absence Management experience a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Experience writing for the web a plus.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret plan and compliance documents.
- Strong PC skills, including advanced proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Experience with online enrollment systems and benefit portals a plus.
- Knowledge of benefit plan compliance requirements and ACA regulations a plus.
- Knowledge of ERISA/COBRA/HIPAA and other federal regs regarding benefit plans.
- Commitment to excellence, high standards, and customer service.
- Team Player; effective interpersonal skills with ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to present information effectively and respond to questions.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Leave Analyst
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US