Location: Lakeville, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 5053
Position Title: Quality Control Receiver
The QC Receiver is responsible for preparing Incoming shipments for Warehouse Inbound Audit (WIA) by preparing the shipment for inspection in advance of the audit. This position will determine the applicable sample size, randomly pulling samples from cartons, and preparing the product for inspection The position will ensure a constant flow for the QA Inspector by coordinating with the Dock Receiving teams. He/she will maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area. He/She must also have the ability to manually move and lift 50 lbs regularly and be available to work evenings and weekends. This position is also is expected to help out by “floating” to other warehouse areas as needed.
- Arrange inbound Distribution Center orders for AQL audit. Assists in coordinating product work flow by prioritizing backorders, rush orders and other receipt priorities accordingly.
- Set up orders for AQL audit with TOP, paperwork, and other essentials the inspector may need or require to conduct the inspection.
- Referring to the QA sample plan, determine the number of units per lot to be inspected and properly distributing them between the number of cartons the product will be randomly selected from.
- Load cartons onto conveyor system, pull selected units from each carton, stage and unbag units that will be inspected. Accurately match pulled cartons back to remainder of the lot after inspection.
- Notify the Lead or Supervisor of merchandise that is damaged, missing or incorrectly labeled.
- Assist in coordinating with Receiving team on work flow, keeping the QC Inspectors productive and with staged work at all times.
- Work closely and communicate with QA Lead to assure department goals are achieved
- Assist in preparing shipments requiring 100% inspection or refurbishment work. May also be required to work in 100% conducting inspections or material handling.
- Maintain department procedures for incoming audit, ensuring stringent adherence to AQL tables
- Monitor and recommend/implement improvements that will positively impact department productivity and safety.
- Assist in training of new Audit Set-up Associates on receiving, set-up and/or material handling duties.
- Maintain an organized and productive condition for the QA Inspector.
- May occasionally use a fork lift to load/unload palletized merchandise for third party movements.
- Perform other warehouse duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with other employees.
- Pay attention to detail, and the ability to follow special instructions
- Work independently and stay focused to complete assigned work
- Willingness and personality suited to work in a team oriented environment
- Maintain a consistent presence on the floor providing guidance and support to associates.
- Ability to operate lift equipment; hand trucks and pallet jacks
- Ability to quickly and accurately cross-train and handle multiple tasks.
- Problem solving skills
- General math skills
- Maintain a safe working environment ensuring compliance with Talbots safety standards. Assist in the proper documentation of all safety standards and procedures.
- Maintain a positive and productive working environment.
- Identify and report performance concerns, policy infractions, conflicts and associate concerns.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience driving a fork lift preferred
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds regularly.
- Must have good English written and verbal communication skills
- Good arithmetic skills including the ability to accurately calculate proper sample size distribution based on lot size
- Reliable, detail oriented, self-motivated team player with a positive approach to assigned tasks and ability to follow instructions with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of Distribution Center operations a plus
- Experience using RF device preferred
- Available to work flexible shift between 6am-5pm and/or weekends, primarily Saturdays.
Community / Marketing Title: QC Receiver
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lakeville, Massachusetts US