Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 6584
Position Title: Inventory Analyst
The Inventory Analyst contributes to the company’s sales, inventory and margin goals through allocating merchandise to the stores. Performs size analysis by store to develop size curves. Executes category performance at the store level and assigns store grades. Recommends assortment style color breadth and depth by volume group.
This role is responsible for monitoring and distributing goods to the stores, which is critical to Talbots achieving its sales and margin goals. They will have responsibility for the management of the inventory for a selection of products.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Executes the allocation strategy from the IM Manager, Merchandise Planner and Merchant.
- Identifies and rectifies stock imbalances in individual stores through allocation of new receipts and replenishment inventory to maximize the ability of each store to generate sales and margin.
- Moves merchandise to stores based on need at the Color/Size level Analyze store and Direct selling by size and establish size curves for Stores and Direct for use in buying and allocation.
- Establish volume groups and store clusters that support merchandising and financial objectives.
- Provide style color breadth and depth targets for each volume group in the assortment to align key goals/metrics: unit sales, inventory, receipts, turn and margin expectations.
- Collaborate with Merch Planning and Merchant partners throughout the line build to ensure the assortment plan meets financial objectives.
- Analyzes merchandise performance at the department, item and location level including analyzing store performance and stock-to-sales ratios on a weekly basis to identify problems and opportunities on both the class and departmental basis.
- Communicate/make recommendations on store and distribution needs
- Maintains consistent awareness of the business managed by Direct.
- Works closely with Direct Planners to ensure that total company inventory is utilized to its maximum potential
- Visit stores on a regular basis to understand customer and store needs.
- On an ongoing basis, communicates and makes recommendations to the IM Manager, Merchandise Planner and Merchant regarding store needs, distribution concerns such as flow, breaks or sizing and new store issues.
- Strong Analytical skills
- Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required.
- Have an aptitude to learn technical applications quickly.
- JDA Allocation preferred.
- Possess strong organization and time management skills.
- Must be organized, disciplined and able to work under pressure while being flexible and able to adapt
Community / Marketing Title: Inventory Analyst
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US