Location: Rochester, Minnesota US
Job Number: 9671
Position Title: Sales Associate
The Talbots Sales Associate provides an exceptional selling and customer service experience that promotes the product and supports the brand. Sales Associates must demonstrate selling competence, styling expertise and possess a love of fashion. Sales Associates are accountable for achieving productivity goals by using product knowledge using selling tools and available resources.
- Possess a strong drive, ambition, and passion for overall sales achievement and provide an exceptional brand experience.
- Communicate professionally and in a timely manner with customers, associates and corporate partners.
- Maximize individual performance by accepting direction, coaching and feedback.
- Participate in learning opportunities and store meetings.
- Complete projects as assigned including stock assignments and keeping the selling floor to standard.
Sales and Service:
- Demonstrate a high level of selling and customer service skills to achieve sales.
- Use Company tools to develop strong selling skills and reinforce the brand vision.
- Achieve sales and service metrics in key measureable areas including: UPTs, DPTs, emails, Talbots Classic Awards and customer conversion.
- Service multiple customers at a time, multi-task and/or handle projects simultaneously.
- Take an active role in assisting the management team to build store business.
- Ensure exceptional selling interactions that guarantee meaningful experiences and build brand relationships.
- Support all service enhancers to build strong relationships, including active use of Personal Business Binder and Style by Design Program.
- Maintain professional appearance that reflects the brand image.
- Aware of fashion trends, particularly the brand vision for each new delivery.
- Seek information about all new arrivals, including product knowledge about fit, color, fashion, etc.
- Use product knowledge and fashion expertise to create outfits for customers and suggest items to match their needs.
- High School Degree
- Specialty retailing experience preferred
- Outstanding sales results and record / track record required.
- Work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Requires ability to move about in a store including standing, walking, kneeling, stooping, climbing ladders, using stairs, carrying, bending, stretching, twisting, or reaching out with the body, arms, or legs, pulling and lifting objects up to 25 pounds. Sometimes these movements are made quickly and repeatedly.
- Operating computer systems with intermediate computer and keyboarding skills.
Note: This position description is intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. It is not intended to be inclusive of all duties and responsibilities and is subject to change.
Community / Marketing Title: Sales Associate
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Part Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Rochester, Minnesota US