Director of Merchandising T by Talbots
Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 20087
Position Title: Dir Merchandising
The primary responsibility of the Director, Merchandising, is to develop, initiate and lead the execution of merchandising strategies to drive revenue growth and deliver greater market share for strategic categories. The person in this role must have demonstrated experience blending customer insights and competitive marketplace opportunities to expand and build new business for T by Talbots area. It is key that the Director, Merchandising, has a strong understanding of what is trending in the market and can translate it to our customer. The person in this role will be a highly collaborative partner and motivating leader. They will communicate effectively with the team and with key functional leaders, linking their merchandising team to the various needed internal departments with a focus on driving a profitability business area.
What We Offer:
• Growth! Here at Talbots our goal is to give you the tools to grow beyond this position and into the next.
• Condensed Work Week! If we have no work obligations, our Life-Work balance approach allows for us to start our weekend at 1pm on Fridays.
• Complete Benefit Package! Our benefits kick off the first day of the month after your start date! Discover more about our full benefits package here. We have competitive time off, including paid time to volunteer within the community.
• Merchandise Discounts! 50% off Talbots and our Haven Well Within brand as well as local business discounts (where applicable)!
What You’ll Do:
• Serves as the merchandising leader for key categories with accountability to lead and develop a strong team and ensure collaboration with cross functional partners.
• Develops merchandising strategies and drives business decisions with both an eye for fashion and a data analytical approach.
• Researches and monitors fashion trends. Maintaining a pulse on the competition to ensure company’s relevance in the marketplace and to identify key areas of opportunity.
• Develops in-depth knowledge of the customer, anticipating her demands and determining what is “next” by closely following their consumer behavior patterns and aspirations, influences and relationship to the brand.
• Ability to shop the market and identify brand right trends and work closely with design on executing against them.
• Manages the merchandising calendar in adherence to product development and merchandising process and catalog production cycles.
• Collaborates with cross-functional business partners to develop strategies to enhance the Talbots brand and result in increased store sales and online growth, ensuring product strategies marry up to how the customer wants to shop today in an omni-channel setting.
• Partners with visual, marketing and ecommerce to ensure the look and feel of stores, catalogs and online is consistent with merchandising direction.
• Support the career and skills development of team to ensure job satisfaction and retention.
• Serves as a brand champion with the utmost respect for the authenticity of the brand and a positive contributor to the Talbots culture of collaboration and communication.
Who You Are:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 10+ years of Merchandising experience
• Management experienced required, with a proven record of leading and inspiring a team
• Cross functional leadership experience driving and implementing new initiatives with proven track record.
• Ability to think objectively and quickly to make smart and logical business decisions.
• Must have experience working with in-house design team to deliver product
• Able to effectively present ideas and direction to others
• Able to build strong relationships with a diverse group of business partners
• Possess excellent organization and time management skills
• Possess a strong sense of urgency and a high level of attention to detail
• Must be organized, disciplined, and able to work under pressure
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Merchandising T by Talbots
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US