Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 17904
Position Title: Asst Merchant
In Merchandising, we are committed to your growth and development. If you are looking for an opportunity to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment and kick-off your Merchandising career, then keep reading! We are currently working in a hybrid & collaborative setting which consists of being onsite in our Hingham, MA Corporate Office as often as project and product calendar dictate.
What You’ll Do:
This position is responsible for actively assisting the Merchant with the strategy, development, and selection of merchandise while supporting the department through the entire product lifecycle. Assistant Merchants will be assigned to a specific category.
- Prepare weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting and assist Merchant in analyzing performance; initiate and perform additional ad hoc analytical assignments as requested.
- Review and compile seasonal commits by style, color, and size partnering with Sourcing and Allocation partners.
- Monitor and track purchase orders and inventory through receipt reconciliation process.
- Order, track, and organize samples for every season; ensure all photo samples are accurate and follow proper protocol for incorrect samples.
- Work cross functionally with other partners and teams to ensure accurate product representation for photo shoots and floor sets.
- Provide data for copy cards for all items in catalog.
- Review shot sheets for catalog, ensure all product is being shot and has appropriate selling space.
- Prepare for and attend catalog, store set layout and web thumbnail reviews, to ensure accuracy, timeliness of delivery and placement.
- Review and correct all catalog and web content for department as released, work with teams to ensure accurate product representation.
- Maintain knowledge of retail industry trends, shop competition and visit Talbots stores frequently.
- Consistently check department landing page on the web to ensure accurate product information, gallery ranking, and any helpful customer reviews. Partner with web merchandising team on any callouts.
- Assist merchant in generating reports weekly to analyze sales and business trends.
- Gather / recap history as a stepping off point for future buys.
What You Have:
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- 1 -2 years merchandising, retail sales, buying or internship experience preferred.
- Broad-based business acumen with the potential to grow to the Merchant level and beyond!
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel skills to include VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, and numerical formulation or and have aptitude to learn these technical applications quickly.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Power Point to be able to create decks and presentations.
- Innate sense of fashion and ability to analyze and translate trends
- Strong communication and organizational skills, ability to multitask and work collaboratively.
- Excellent attention to detail, understands importance of accuracy and thorough completion of tasks Ability to hit concurrent deadlines, manage and prioritize own workload
What We Offer:
- Growth! Our goal is to give you the tools to grow beyond this position and into the next here at Talbots.
- Flexible Fridays! Our Life-Work balance approach allows for us to start our weekend at 1pm on Fridays.
- Competitive Benefit Package! Our benefits kick off day 1, no waiting period for Health, Vision, Dental or 401K.
- Generous Discounts! 50% off Talbots and Haven Brands as well as local business discounts!
Community / Marketing Title: Assistant Merchant
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US