Retail Store Manager
Location: Columbus, Georgia US
Job Number: 16997
Position Title: Store Manager
What We Offer:
- Growth! Here at Talbots our goal is to give you the tools to grow beyond this position and into the next.
- SMIP: Store Management Incentive Bonus Program.
- Complete Benefit Package! Our benefits kick off the first day of the month after your start date. To learn more, visit our We Care page.
- Generous Discount: 50%, 60% & 70% Merchandise Discount off Talbots and Haven Well Within.
- Other Perks: Referral Incentive Program, discounts on travel, shopping, concerts and more.
What we Value “WE CARE”:
- We Win as a team and are dedicated to ensuring and applauding each other’s success.
- We Encourage creativity, innovation and smart risk-taking.
- We are Committed to building relationships with our customers and associates by knowing, serving, and delighting them.
- We Act with integrity, transparency, candor, and respect.
- We Respect, honor and value diversity and are invested in cultivating a dynamic and inclusive culture.
- We Embrace community by bringing positive change to those we live and work in.
Who You Are:
- The model of professionalism, integrity and respect for others while creating an environment that positions Talbots as an employer of choice.
- Customer-centric and understands the importance exceptional service contributes to growing store sales.
- An effective leader with the ability to influence others into action through inspiration and involvement.
- A role model for creating exceptional customer experiences and build enduring relationships both internally and externally.
- Ambitious and enthusiastic in creating an environment for both the store and team to succeed.
- Have strong sales experience with a demonstrated ability to meet or exceed performance standards.
- Organized and capable of multi-tasking in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- Excellent communicator, fiscally responsible, critical thinker, and have leadership courage.
- Professional, assertive, and friendly with the ability to make decisions independently.
- You possess the technological aptitude to navigate, coach and train computer/iPad/handheld systems.
- Able to work cooperatively in a diverse work environment.
- An experienced leader - specialty retail preferred.
- Open to relocating for opportunities in other areas of the business.
- Comfortable climbing ladders, moving around regularly, and standing for extended periods of time.
- Able to bend, reach, stretch for product as well as lift, carry, and move at least 40 lbs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the business including opening/closing shifts as well as weekends and holidays.
- Have open availability of 40 hours per week.
What You'll Do:
- Lead a team in creating a hospitable environment for customers and associates alike.
- Educate, coach, mentor and inspire all store associates based on their individual strengths, opportunities and needs.
- Create a relationship-based selling culture where all associates align around the needs of our customers to drive customer loyalty and a sustainable sales trend.
- Build a collaborative team environment where all associates are held accountable and proud to uphold the same standards, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of business and competitive landscape, fashion trends and key business drivers to strategically identify opportunities that will maximize sales and ensure financial goals are achieved.
- Balance the operational energy with selling energy necessary to create exceptional experiences for our customers and driving the business forward within his/her/their store.
- Attract/Identify/source talent for current and future opportunities while managing payroll/staffing schedule.
- Protect company assets and maintain a safe work environment.
- Ensure compliance of all company policies and procedures as well as local, state, and federal employment laws.
Note: This position description is intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. It is not intended to be inclusive of all duties and responsibilities and is subject to change.
Community / Marketing Title: Retail Store Manager
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbus, Georgia US