Outlet Assistant Manager
Location: Grand Prairie, Texas US
Job Number: 16924
Position Title: Sales Manager
At Talbots, we help our customers look and feel their best. The Talbots Outlet Assistant Sales Manager (ASM) partners with the Store Manager or General Manager (the “Manager”) to lead the team in creating a hospitable environment for customers and associates alike. The ASM is a role model for creating exceptional customer experiences and is responsible for driving the business forward within his/her store.
- Is customer-centric and understands the importance of creating exceptional customer experiences.
- Driven to create, build and cultivate relationships with customers and associates.
- Ambitious and enthusiastic in creating an environment for both the store and team to succeed.
- Reinforces consistent selling and operational standards through coaching, training and accountability.
- Passionate about selling and seeks organized, thoughtful ways to maximize all traffic that enters the store.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, a high level of integrity, fiscal responsibility, critical thinking, and leadership courage.
- Has strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- Professional, assertive and friendly with the ability to make decisions independently.
- Model professionalism, strong work ethic, integrity and respect for others creating an environment that positions Talbots as an employer of choice.
- Educate, coach, mentor and inspire all associates based on their individual strengths, opportunities and needs. This includes onboarding new talent, sharing wardrobing /fashion trends, driving key performance indicators, etc.
- Model exceptional customer experiences and selling behaviors to drive customer loyalty
- and a sustainable sales trend.
- Create a collaborative, team environment where all associates are held accountable and proud to uphold the same standards, policies and procedures.
- Provide coaching and feedback when necessary and address performance/disciplinary action when required.
- Assist management in leading the team as needed.
- Stay abreast of the business and competitive landscape, fashion trends and key business drivers to strategically identify opportunities that will maximize sales and ensure financial goals are achieved.
- Analyze store reports leveraging store’s historical sales data with current sales goals to establish achievable stretch goals for individual and team performance.
Creating the Customer Experience:
- Capable of creating a selling culture where all associates align around the needs of our customers.
- Seeks to understand customer needs & wants with curiosity and confidence through intentional conversation.
- Use company resources and personal leadership to facilitate and sustain a strong selling environment that holds associates accountable for achieving productivity standards.
- Exhibit knowledge of industry trends and competitive activity and share this knowledge with the team.
- Lead associates in consistently marketing Talbots brand initiatives to achieve key metrics.
- Demonstrate natural ability to engage with customers with the intent to sell in a way that is relevant, timely and meaningful for her.
- Professionally represent the Talbots brand image and ensure all associates meet same standards.
- Support areas of operational excellence as needed.
- Plan and prioritize tasks and responsibilities to meet the needs of the customer and business.
- Protect company assets and maintain a safe work environment.
- Follow all company policies and procedures as well as local, state, and federal employment laws.
- Two or more years of customer-centric selling experience preferred. One year of leadership experience preferred.
- Strong sales experience preferred with demonstrated ability to meet or exceed performance standards.
- An essential function of the job is the ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- An essential function of the job is the ability to move about in a store including standing, walking,
- kneeling, stooping, climbing ladders, using stairs, carrying, bending, stretching, twisting, or reaching out with the body, arms, or legs, pulling and lifting objects up to 40 pounds. Sometimes these movements are made quickly and repeatedly.
- An essential function of the job is the ability to navigate computer/handheld systems with intermediate computer and keyboarding skills.
- Able to work cooperatively in a diverse work environment.
- Able to relocate and open to opportunities in other areas of the business.
- High school degree required. College degree preferred.
Note: This position description is intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. It is not intended to be inclusive of all duties and responsibilities and is subject to change.
Community / Marketing Title: Outlet Assistant Manager
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Grand Prairie, Texas US