2023 Summer Retail Internship
Location: Williamsburg, Virginia US
Job Number: 16383
Position Title: Sales Associate Key
At Talbots, we help our customers look and feel their best. The Talbots Retail Internship Program was designed to give students an opportunity to gain hands on insight and knowledge within the field of a specialty retail company. Students will be immersed in our organization and culture as well as directly involved in a full range of learning activities. Students will focus on 4 key pillars of Leadership, Business Acumen, Sales, Operations and Merchandising. Students can expect executive talks from our field leaders, professional development and an assigned mentor. Students should expect that their experience will be on site in a store environment.
- Is customer-centric and understands the importance of creating exceptional customer experiences.
- Ambitious and enthusiastic in creating an environment for both the store and team to succeed. Thrives working in a team environment.
- Expeditious in ability to take initiative with limited direction.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills and a high level of integrity.
- Has strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced, ever- changing environment.
- Professional, confident and friendly with the ability to make decisions independently.
- Must understand and follow all policies and procedures to successfully open and close a store.
- Extremely dependable and punctual.
- Creating the Customer Experience:
- Capable of creating a selling culture where all associates align around the needs of our customers.
- Willing to assist customers and support selling energy as needed to create an exceptional customer experience.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships that support a productive work environment.
- Take initiative in learning how to be a leader and contribute new ideas and recommend solutions for business and team opportunities.
- Actively participate in Talbot’s internship program training activities, developmental opportunities and events.
- Proactively communicate store information, brand initiatives, discrepancies and other pertinent information to management in order to better enhance the customer experience.
- Professionally represent the Talbots brand image.
- Support all areas of operational excellence.
- Ensure merchandise is well organized in the back room and replenished on the sales floor according to visual guidelines. Assist with store sets, window displays, signage, visual merchandising changes, markdowns, etc.
- Manage inventory according to policies and procedures including customer sends, recalls, re-tickets, MOS and damages, and other operational activities as assigned.
- Provide support on the sales floor and uphold Talbots HER standards when engaging or interacting with the customer. This includes replenishment/stocking duties, markdowns, fitting room duties, cash wrap/POS duties, etc.
- Reinforce brand standards and company policies and procedures in all areas of responsibility.
- Plan and prioritize tasks and responsibilities to meet the needs of the customer and business.
- Protect company assets and maintain a safe work environment.
- Follow all company policies and procedures as well as local, state, and federal employment laws.
- Ability to work at least (20) hours per week, which may include evenings and weekends dependent on the business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed performance standards.
- An essential function of the job is the ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- An essential function of the job is the ability to move about in a store including standing, walking, kneeling, stooping, climbing ladders, using stairs, carrying, bending, stretching, twisting, or reaching out with the body, arms, or legs, pulling and lifting objects up to 40 pounds. Sometimes these movements are made quickly and repeatedly.
- An essential function of the job is the ability to navigate computer/handheld systems with intermediate computer and keyboarding skills.
- Able to work cooperatively in a diverse work environment.
- High school degree required and at least 2-3 years of college course work in fashion or other relevant business majors is preferred.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Most importantly a curiosity and desire to learn
This is a paid internship
Community / Marketing Title: 2023 Summer Retail Internship
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Part Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Williamsburg, Virginia US