Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 15487
Position Title: Accounting Analyst
The Accounting Analyst will work directly with a broad base of individuals in the accounting departments to assist with such activities as data analysis, fixed asset, employee expense reporting and administration, month-end reconciliations and preparation of journal entries. The analyst will ensure that controls and procedures are adhered to while also being called up to provide creative suggestions for process improvement. The analyst will be responsible for providing adaptable assistance across the organization.
What We Offer:
- Growth! Here at Talbots our goal is to give you the tools to grow beyond this position and into the next.
- Condensed Work Week! If we have no work obligations, our Life-Work balance approach allows for us to start our weekend at 1pm on Fridays.
- Complete Benefit Package! Our benefits kick off the first day of the month after your start date! Discover more about our full benefits package here. We have competitive time off, including paid time to volunteer within the community.
- Merchandise Discounts! 50% off Talbots and our Haven Well Within brand as well as local business discounts (where applicable)!
What You’ll Do:
- Reconcile activity from financial systems to the general ledger and other applications
- Administration and accounting of fixed assets and employee expenses
- Various month end close activities including reconciling accounts and preparing journal entries
- Ensure that all systems changes and/or modifications made to applications conform to departmental processing and control requirements
- Ensure necessary documentation is compiled and accessible to external and internal auditors
- Support all levels of management satisfying their needs for information, analysis, systems support and responses to accounting inquiries
Who You’ll Work With:
Internal: (i) Finance team, (ii) Payables, (iii) Travel department, (iv) Procurement and (v) Tax
External: (i) Vendors and (ii) Auditors
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 1-2 years of progressive industry, or public accounting experience
- Hands-on experience with ERP Systems (Oracle, preferred) and proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word. Aptitude for learning new systems
- Comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day to day activities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel assigned to this job.
Community / Marketing Title: Accounting Analyst
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US