Location: Superior, Colorado US
Job Number: 14725
Position Title: Market Stylist
The Market Stylist is responsible for driving incremental sales using in store training sessions, hosting Trunk Shows during event season, facilitating ongoing styling engagements within their respective stores, and improving the utilization & proficiency of existing selling tools & practices in stores. The Market Stylists reports to Manager, Stylist Team.
What We Offer:
Growth! Our goal is to give you the tools to grow beyond this position and into the next here at Talbots!
Competitive Benefit Package! Our benefits kick off day 31, no waiting period for Health, Vision, Dental or 401K.
Generous Discounts! 50% off Talbots and Haven Brands as well as local business discounts!
What You'll Do:
1. Is aligned with up to 3 Districts (approx. 75 stores) and expected to visit at least 3 stores per week during each 26-week season.
2. Conducts in-store training sessions utilizing product knowledge, fashion expertise, productivity measures and best practices to enhance selling skills and increase relevant business acumen of store selling associates.
3. Develops in-store event strategies which educate the customer on Talbots current offerings, fashion and style trends and creates excitement and interest in Talbots products - resulting in enhanced customer relationships and increased sales.
4. Facilitates and executes in-store events as the face of Talbots and shares fashion and style knowledge with customers and associates to enhance relationships and increase sales.
5. Reinforces use of company tools to develop skills of the associate while visiting stores.
Internal and External Relationships:
Internal: Retail and Outlet leadership and stores sales personnel, corporate business partners
External: During community events held in stores, this role serves as a Talbots fashion expert.
Who You Are:
· Passion for styling & fashion; is customer-centric and understands the importance that exceptional service contributes in growing store sales
· Passionate about selling and possesses the ability to seek organized, thoughtful ways to drive new traffic into stores.
· Demonstrated skill in reinforcing consistent selling and service standards through coaching, training and accountability of teams.
· Demonstrates excellent communication skills, a high level of integrity, fiscal responsibility, critical thinking, and leadership courage.
· Exhibits knowledge of industry trends and competitive activity and has the ability to share this knowledge with teams.
· Strong sales experience preferred with demonstrated ability to meet or exceed performance standards.
· Proficient in presenting to and influencing groups of customers & associates
· 5+ years in Store Leadership and or Customer Engagement
· Must have experience traveling for work and the ability to travel extensively during the selling seasons. Note - weekend travel and events are a possibility.
Community / Marketing Title: Market Stylist
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Superior, Colorado US