Vice President, Creative, Brand Marketing
Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 14371
Position Title: VP Senior Creative
This position will be onsite in our Hingham office due to the nature of the work.
We are looking for a seasoned creative marketing leader with a strong POV on brand building and storytelling that will develop our seasonal omni-channel creative vision, while inspiring the marketing team and total organization. This role will report into our SVP of Brand Marketing, will be asked to create a strong creative culture and lead a talented team of 25 creatives of various fields including photography, graphic design and copywriting across digital, catalog, social media, promotional materials and stores.
What We Offer:
- Growth! Here at Talbots our goal is to give you the tools to grow beyond this position and into the next.
- Condensed Work Week! If we have no work obligations, our Life-Work balance approach allows for us to start our weekend at 1pm on Fridays.
- Complete Benefit Package! Our benefits kick off the first day of the month after your start date! Discover more about our full benefits package here. We have competitive time off, including paid time to volunteer within the community.
- Merchandise Discounts! 50% off Talbots and our Haven Well Within brand as well as local business discounts (where applicable)!
What You’ll Do:
- The Vice President, Creative, Brand Marketing is the head of omni channel creative marketing at Talbots. This senior position has three leadership priorities:
- Trusted Teammate - Critical member of Talbots leadership team building and maintaining key cross functional partnerships/
- Teacher and Guide - Inspiring leader and mentor to Creative team (Copy, Graphic Design and Photography)
- Creative Thinker - Senior creative leader encouraging teams with innovative ideas that continue to motivate the team and consistently engage the customer wherever she comes into contact with Talbots.
- Creative Direction: Establish ongoing creative direction for the Talbots brand working strategically with cross functional partners.
- Lead and communicate the seasonal creative direction for Talbots in partnership with Marketing, PR, Merchandising, Design and Visual. This will establish the seasonal point of view including photography expression, design concepts and brand voice.
- Provide creative direction for omni channel expression balancing brand expression, merchandising business priorities, design’s concept integrity and all promotional activity.
- Cultivate and enable a positive and creative culture by building teams, breaking down barriers and fostering relationships across teams.
- Team Leader: Pacesetter and team leader for the creative marketing team in the development of brand expression across digital, catalog, social, retail.
- Retain, mentor, hire, train, coach and provide professional development of world class creative marketing talent.
- Work with photography, design and copy teams to ensure team engagement and align creative brand expression at execution.
- Demonstrates strong desire to manage teams.
- Creative Process: Lead all areas of creative marketing expression and storytelling from concept to final channel execution.
- Lead the creative process across all channels to ensure consistent brand expression.
- Provide seasonal creative direction to ensure clarity across senior leadership and cross functional teams.
- Work collaboratively with design, merchandising, marketing, visual, field and planning to deliver seasonal and daily brand expression.
Internal and External Relationships:
- Paid Partnerships/ Agencies
Who You Are:
- MA, BA, BFA or BS in Creative Marketing and Design degree
- 15+ years of creative marketing experience with a proven track record of successfully driving large well-known brands in the rapidly changing retail landscape.
- Senior leadership level
- Driven to create omni-channel marketing campaigns that effectively build the brand and deliver outstanding business results
- Excellent skills in broad toolbox including but not limited to: digital, branding, photography, video, content, social, print, stores, windows, copywriting and catalog
- Thrive in fast paced, high stakes, dynamic environment, being able to touch and oversee all facets of the business, large and small.
- Business maturity and the ability to think long term and short term as the business needs shift daily
- Proven leadership of a multi-function creative team demonstrating the ability to provide strategic direction and successfully execute plans to drive business performance
- Dynamic, enthusiastic and persuasive leader who inspires and cultivates a positive and creative culture that motivates others to action
- Ability to operate at a senior level with a proven ability to provide guidance, direction and influence over cross functional partners, senior leadership and direct reports.
- Possess strong managerial skills with an understanding of how to coach, mentor and develop people.
- Strong planning, organizing and prioritization skills in an omni-channel specialty retail business
- Be a straightforward, collaborative personality and have the ability to influence
Community / Marketing Title: Vice President, Creative, Brand Marketing
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US