Ecommerce Dev Ops Support Engineer (Remote)
Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 14258
Position Title: Ecommerce DevOps Support Engineer
This position will be based remotely.
As a member of our Ecommerce Support and Performance team, the candidate will be responsible to help ensure maximum availability of the Talbots SFCC website and supporting infrastructure. The candidate will communicate and help resolve operational issues. The candidate will also research and identify gaps in site performance, leading to the improvement of the overall customer experience.
The Ecommerce Dev Ops Support Engineer (Remote) position will act as the primary support for the Talbots’ Ecommerce site during normal business hours and provide guidance to the L1/L2 team. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring management is informed of issues impacting production and non-production environments, as well as, reporting status of special projects. This position will be based remotely, and the candidate will also help with ongoing site performance monitoring and reporting.
What We Offer:
- Growth! Here at Talbots our goal is to give you the tools to grow beyond this position and into the next.
- Condensed Work Week! If we have no work obligations, our Life-Work balance approach allows for us to start our weekend at 1pm on Fridays.
- Complete Benefit Package! Our benefits kick off the first day of the month after your start date! Discover more about our full benefits package here. We have competitive time off, including paid time to volunteer within the community.
- Merchandise Discounts! 50% off Talbots and our Haven Well Within brand as well as local business discounts (where applicable)!
What You’ll Do:
- Act as the primary support for all production and non-production instances, maximizing availability and scalability of all components.
- Assist in the continual evaluation of site performance through the development and monitoring of site performance reports.
- Execute business requests in a timely fashion, affecting production and non-production environments.
- Assist with application deployments.
- Assist with the configuration and management of Akamai, Dynatrace, Quantum Metric, and site monitoring and site configuration tools.
- Perform support and troubleshooting activities, including research and resolution of hardware, operating system, storage, network, performance, application issues, and 3rd party APIs.
- Perform end to end POCs to help evaluate new tools and technologies to improve site performance, site functionality, and site security.
- Provide guidance and support to the L1 and L2 team.
- Assist with the development of new processes and procedures for the support team.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent experience
- Typically has 2 to 5 years of IT experience, with at least 1 year within ecommerce operations supporting Salesforce Commerce Cloud (SFCC) or similar platform
- Basic understanding of programming/scripting languages
- Knowledge of version control practices
- Knowledge of performance and security monitoring and maintenance tools, such as Dynatrace, Quantum Metric, and Perimeter X, or similar tools
- Experience using Akamai Control Center or similar platform, a plus
- Basic understanding of network configurations (Subnet, DNS, IP), a plus
- Ability to mentor a remote (on-shore and off-shore) support team
- Knowledge of technologies to prevent and address vulnerabilities (DDoS attacks, XSS, SQL injections, etc.)
- Familiar with agile project management, a plus
- Ability to communicate accurately and professionally, both in writing and verbally
- Ability to interpret and communicate technical jargon into business impact
- Ability to set goals and meet deadlines
- Ability to cooperate, collaborate, and be supportive of peers
- Ability to deliver on commitments, admit mistakes, and grow from each experience
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to deal with complex situations, work with internal and external partners, and recommend appropriate technical solutions
- Flexible and able to respond to rapid change to meet business needs
- Understand the importance of the Talbots customer and her ability to properly access the website
Community / Marketing Title: Ecommerce Dev Ops Support Engineer (Remote)
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US