Digital Merchant - Haven Well Within
Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 14199
Position Title: Digital Merchant - HHW
The Digital Merchant for Haven Well Within is responsible for maintaining, evolving, and improving the customer experience on the site as it relates to the execution of product priorities and support of merchant business needs. This position combines performance analytics, collaboration with cross functional partners pre and post live dates, and innovative and strategic thinking around customer behavior to drive engagement and conversion on the site.
- Partner with Merchants and Ecommerce to strategize site navigation, category and sub-category structure and overall merchandising of the site based on seasonality, analytics, and product strategy.
- Recommend opening and closing of folders based on performance or seasonality.
- Work with Ecommerce to maximize site search productivity. Anticipate key search terms (seasonality, email/marketing driven) and ensure a high converting results page when possible.
- Leverage competition for inspiration on digital content, navigation, and overall website features and work with the Digital CFT to translate those experiences to the Haven Well Within site.
- Represent merchandising in any product-related functionality on the site (product recommendations, sorting rules, etc.)
Site Content and Merchandising
- Partner with Merchants, Creative, and Marketing to plan and execute all site product content and messaging, to include Homepage, Experiences, Special Site Experiences, Daily Dose, and others as needed.
- Partner with Merchants, Creative, and Marketing to strategize seasonal plans for site. Responsible for working with Ecommerce team to drive any site changes required to execute seasonal plans.
- Utilize product strategies to drive email and site merchandising. Responsible for planning, briefing, and approving emails. Responsible for all site sorting, color selection, and merchandising.
- Partner with Merchandising and Creative to style out all thumbnail imagery and approve all thumbnail image selections before product launches.
Product Page Optimization
- Manage merchandising callouts on website product issues---help to reduce callouts pre-launch and work with the Ecommerce team to resolve issues post-launch.
- Manage Related Items/Pairings on the product pages to drive conversion and UPT.
- Communicate special launches and vignettes with both the Web Studio and Ecommerce teams to ensure correct timing and approach.
- Support Public Relations needs for influencer content as needed.
- Manage all gallery banners, marketing squares and landing page product shopping content.
- Manage the creation/curation of Collection folders (non-category) – creating lists, naming, curation.
Internal and External Relationships:
- Web Studio
- Online Marketing
- E-commerce Web Merch/Ops/Dev
- 5+ years of ecommerce/online merchandising experience
- Creative thinker with the ability to create strong, compelling merchandising experiences with a brand-appropriate lens
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills to drive a productive cross-functional relationships
- Ability to manage effectively under pressure and hit deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills to leverage data and draw action-oriented conclusions
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial spirit to innovate and drive the digital experience forward
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud (SFCC) operational skills required
Community / Marketing Title: Digital Merchant - Haven Well Within
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US