Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 13912
Position Title: Visual Associate
The Visual Merchandising Associate will collaborate with the Director and Senior Manager, Visual Merchandising to develop and execute Seasonal presentations consistent with the Brand. The Visual Merchandising Associate will be responsible for specific areas of the business; ensuring that the Brand storytelling and key investments are represented in the visual guidelines document.
- Develop new concepts for visual merchandising based on seasonal fashion trends and work with the Director and Sr. Manager to develop and evolve concepts for visual presentation and visual display
- Set an example of excitement, enthusiasm and knowledge toward Talbot’s product and demonstrate a clear understanding of the Talbots Brand
- Create monthly store set direction through merchandising techniques, fixture, and product placement
- Identify sales opportunities based on merchandise sell-through and supply chain deliveries
- Work with Sr. Manager to develop changes or additions to visual presentation standards through Visual Publications
- Provide input on an ongoing basis, to broaden assortment and usage of visual props in visual display. Research and find new resources and methods to improve visual presentation
Internal and External Relationships:
- Merchant team
- Store Operations
- District Directors
- Store Managers
Number of Direct Reports and Titles:
- College degree in a related field
- 3-5 years equivalent related experience
- Previous experience in store management with an emphasis on visual presentation and display
- Knowledge of fashion and fashion trends, creative ability, and excellent communication skills
- Ability to maintain effective job performance and provide maximum output
- Requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Requires the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Requires the ability to teach, train and develop positions with direct reporting structure
- Travel to the field when appropriate
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel assigned to this job.
Community / Marketing Title: Visual Associate
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US