Benefits Admin Manager
Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 13768
Position Title: Mgr Benefits Admin
Manage administration of employee Health & Welfare (H&W) plans, which may include: medical, dental, life, leave programs, Wellness programs, pretax spending accounts. Remain current on industry trends to assure Talbots has a competitive position in the area of H&W Pans. Support the development and implementation of new or modified plans/policies. Remain current on all related regulations to assure programs are in compliance, especially with regard to Health Care Reform.
- Manage the administration of Talbots H&W benefit plans, which may include medical, dental, life, leave, wellness programs, pretax spending accounts.
- Ensure company benefit programs and policies are administered consistently across the organization. Provide counsel to employees, management and HR representatives on the interpretation of H&W programs and policies. Assure plans are in compliance
- Serve as subject matter expert with respect to benefit programs. Consult Director of Benefits, Broker and counsel to resolve plan and participant issues. Manage file feeds for assigned plans.
- Ensure compliance with all Federal and State laws governing benefits (i.e. ERISA, ACA, HIPAA, FMLA, COBRA, etc.). Monitor changes in regulations to make certain benefit programs remain in compliance. Support the preparation of the Form 5500’s, plan audits, required mailings, etc.
- Support and manage open enrollment process, including the benefit fairs and development and communication of education materials. Support reconfiguration of Workday; partner with HRIS on business requirements; managing testing of enrollment site.
- Manage the HR website, mytalbotshr.com, specifically content, messaging and operation of the site.
- Responsible for oversight of the Affordable Care Act. Manage the 1095c and 1094c processing and reporting.
- Provide regular reporting to management regarding trends and effectiveness of plans. Accomplished through participating in surveys, creating enrollment reports and analyzing vendor data.
- Review monthly results against plans. Analyze results to establish trends, identify opportunities and determine areas of concerns. Report on results.
- Manage staff in daily operations of programs/plans. Ensure appropriate customer service levels are maintained. Provide appropriate training and employee development for staff.
- Build strong business relationships. Hold staff and vendors accountable, leverage their strengths in establishing strategies and programs proactively, address issues and service gaps.
Dimensions: (Where appropriate, describe the type of decisions the position will make and the impact the decisions will have on the organization; describe the type of influence the position will have (e.g. position will provide information, act as consultant, lead a group, etc.)
- Position will manage staff of Benefits Specialist(s)
- Will act as subject matter expert on H&W and Retirement Benefits
- Will prepare federal filings on timely basis, protecting company from late penalties
- Will ensure benefit programs administered according to state/federal laws.
Internal and External Relationships:
Internal: Associates, Department Managers, all levels and functions in HR, Counsel
External: Benefit vendors, brokers
Bachelors degree in Business or related field
7 -8+ years experience in Human Resources/Benefits
Experience managing benefits staff a plus.
Knowledge & experience administering health, life, disability, Benefit plans.
Strong interpersonal skills
Strong oral and written communications skills, including presentation skills
Knowledge/experience with Benefit regulations and laws (ACA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, ERISA)
Experience with design and implementation of wellness programs
Experience writing for the Web is a plus.
Community / Marketing Title: Benefits Admin Manager
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US