Inventory Control Specialist
Location: Lakeville, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 13532
Position Title: Inventory Control Specialist
This position is responsible for maintaining accurate weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end stock locator and ledger integrity of all inventory positions within the distribution center. This position is also responsible for maintaining and resolving weekly inventory variance reporting. Create and issue pertinent analysis and reporting which supports timely variance reconciliation and enhances location accuracy. Monitors weekly work flow and analyzes results to determine internal and external trends and opportunities. Research and perform the processing of necessary warehouse adjustments through location and report maintenance on a daily basis. Provides support to internal partners and stores customer service.
- Produce meaningful and insightful variance analysis to be issued to Management. Assist with the preparation of key adjustments through the Stock Locator System to maintain accuracy for all DC controlled locations.
- Review and process Quantity Change Notification’s, monitor vendor accuracy and produce meaningful analysis to validate charge backs for violations.
- Provide information to be used in monthly Vendor Error reporting, monitor Inventory discrepancies through reporting. Issue to Management with meaningful insight and suggestions for possible action.
- Examine stock ledger reporting to identify potential variances or relevant calculation changes and improvements.
- Develop new reporting to ensure our merchandise flow analysis keeps pace with current and future organizational growth.
- Ensure necessary Inventory Adjustment documentation is compiled and accessible to external and internal auditors.
- Ensure that all mainframe, procedural changes, and systems changes and or modifications made to Warehouse management applications conform to departmental processing and control requirements.
- Work independently on special projects as assigned by management.
- Participate in the testing of all new system enhancements. Plays an integral role in the internal support of all inventory management systems including Warehouse Management System, Cycle Count Inventory Systems, Price Management and the Inventory Adjustment System.
- Assist in other areas of the Distribution Center as needed.
- Keep work area and equipment cleaned and maintained.
- Comply with department and company standards, policies and procedures.
- Report housekeeping, security, and safety concerns to management.
Knowledge and Experience:
- An associate’s degree, or 2-4 years related work experience. Outstanding communication, analytical and organization skills are a must. Proficiency in Excel, Word and Warehouse Management Systems required.
- Communicate effectively both orally and written to all organization levels
- Possesses a sense of urgency and attention to accuracy and detail
- Ability to effectively manage a wide variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Experience with presenting action based recommendations to senior management.
- Flexible to changing priorities and a willingness to accept new challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively and effectively as part of a team.
Community / Marketing Title: Inventory Control Specialist
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lakeville, Massachusetts US