Retail Accounting Analyst
Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 12915
Position Title: Retail Accounting Analyst 1
The Retail Accounting Analyst provides support to the Inventory Control department by providing analysis of various inventory data. Provides analysis of financial inventory ownership in all selling and non-selling locations in the US and CN. Monitors financial controls for compliance during daily and monthly closing processes.
- Produce meaningful and insightful inventory analysis using data from MI9 Merchant to assist peers with understanding impact of daily gross margin on the business.
- Provide ongoing and ad hoc analysis to ensure the most useful, current, and actionable information is available to management.
- Produce Cycle Count Adjustment reporting and issue to Lakeville management team.
- Develop new reporting to ensure our merchandise flow analysis, etc. keeps pace with current and future organizational growth
- Ensure necessary Stock Ledger documentation is compiled and accessible to external and internal auditors.
- Support physical inventory execution and reconciliation.
- Act as department back-up during weekly and monthly reconciliation of MI9 Merchant to the General Ledger.
- Respond to inventory accounting questions and issues from field organization
- Participate in testing system changes and improvements.
- Work independently on special projects as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 2+ years of related experience
- Working knowledge of Micro Strategy or other BI tools. Strong experience with MSFT Office Suite.
- Ability to create pivot tables and spreadsheets with actionable recommendations.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along well with diverse personalities, tactful, mature, flexible, and persuasive.
- Well organized and comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with normal activities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as knowledge of pivot tables
Community / Marketing Title: Retail Accounting Analyst
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US