Data Warehouse Developer (Remote)
Location: Tampa, Florida US
Job Number: 12465
Position Title: Data Warehouse Systems Analyst
As a member of our Enterprise Data Warehouse Team, you will work closely with our business teams and IT partners to deliver solutions to improve our decision-making capabilities and providing meaningful visibility to key performance indicators. Solutions are developer in collaboration with business stakeholders and IT partners to identify and collect data in our organization and transform it into useful information.
Proficiency required in Transact SQL and MDX on the Microsoft SQL Server, Analysis Services (SSAS) and Reporting Services (SSRS) platforms.
The Data Warehouse Developer will act in a leadership capacity on projects assigned to them and will be responsible for ensuring management is kept current on project status and milestone deliverables. This position will also assist in post implementation support and system enhancements.
What We Offer:
- Growth! Our goal is to give you the tools to grow beyond this position and into the next here at Talbots.
- Flexible Fridays! Our Life-Work balance approach allows for us to start our weekend at 1pm on Fridays.
- Competitive Benefit Package! Our benefits kick off day 31, minimal waiting period for Health, Vision, Dental or 401K! As a salaried employee, you’ll earn 3 weeks paid vacation and we’ll pay you for using your time to volunteer within the community (up to 8 hours)!
- Generous Discounts! 50% off Talbots and Haven Brands as well as local business discounts!
What You’ll Do:
The primary accountability is to translate business requirements into system requirements, design specifications and document new and/or existing application requirements. Ensure that new or existing systems meet business requirements and practices and that all application interface issues/concerns are understood, documented, and addressed satisfactorily
- Design and implement ETL processes to capture data in the Talbots EDW
- Design star and snowflake data models
- Support operations of existing Enterprise Data Warehouse systems (on call support required)
- Participate in code peer reviews
- Collaborate with Micro Strategy report developers to develop data models to support reporting requirements
- Supports users with ad hoc data requests, frequently using excel pivot tables
- Develop well structured, easily maintained program code. Prepares documentation of developed programs and processes
- Follow all established policies and procedures within the IT and corporate environment. This will include published security standards and coding techniques as well as the documented IT strategy
- For assigned projects, responsible for managing all aspects of the SDM including but not limited to status updates, definition and tracking of project milestones, system design, and tracking of financial deliverables including capital labor
- Actively participate in the Request for Proposal (RFP) process for software purchases, evaluating the results and providing recommendations to upper management and the business
- Ensure all deliverables are of the highest quality
- Prepares estimates for complex projects to provide management with information needed to accurately forecast project delivery dates
- Assist project team with unit testing. Develop system test plans and perform full system testing prior to implementation
- Assist in the mentoring and training and development of others
- Works with business teams to understand business processes
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 - 6 years experience defining, designing and implementing major applications
- 6-8 years of programming experience
- Expertise in project management is valued (PMBOK, Agile methodologies, etc.)
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills
- Keen problem-solving skills, ability to deal with complex situations and recommend a technical solution
- Must be flexible and able to respond to rapid change to meet business needs
- Strong analytic, problem solving and business acumen
- Strong coding skills required in the language and/or tools of the specific applications area
- Strong database coding, tuning, design skills required in the language of the specific applications area
- Ability to learn new technology and stay abreast of current technical trends
- Ability to translate business needs into creative technological solutions
Community / Marketing Title: Data Warehouse Developer (Remote)
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tampa, Florida US