HR Generalist / Business Partner
Location: Lakeville, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 12207
Position Title: Temp/Contractor- Hourly
Basic Purpose: Contractor
The position provides counsel and advice to the management and staff on associate issues pertaining to performance counseling, discrimination issues, terminations, investigations or general associate relations concerns. This position supports all groups residing in the Lakeville facility, including Distribution Center (Talbots Retail & Direct, 3rd Party Operations), QA, Global Logistics & Customs Compliance. It works closely with the HRBP and supports him/her with the complex and highly sensitive associate issues, investigations and training projects.
Principal Accountabilities: (List 5-10 major functions and responsibilities that this role must achieve to be successful; list in order of importance.)
- Provide counsel and advice to management on matters pertaining to associate performance, terminations, discipline or other associate relations topics (harassment, discrimination, unfair treatment, etc.).
- Oversee and assist in the ongoing compliance with the Performance Counseling Policy. Review, finalize and approve performance conversations/documents.
- Research and work to resolve unemployment claims with management, unemployment vendor and Human Resources staff. Gather information and communicate with management to contest claims as necessary. Assist in the preparation of management for unemployment hearings as applicable.
- Schedule and administer Exit Interviews for associates separating from the company. Conduct interviews and prepare written summaries for tracking turnover and associate relations records. Maintain current information in confidential files.
- Work closely with the HRBP to help ensure positive employee engagement through fair and consistent administration of human resource policies and procedures within the facility. Research, investigate and plan resolutions with management for non-management performance problems and policy violations.
- Coordinate and research legal issues with HRBP. Gather associate information as needed to support and conclude the legal issue assuring compliance with company policies and procedures, state and federal laws. Assist in implementing communication strategies, researching and making recommendations to management.
- Handle incoming phone calls or in-person visits from associates relating to current concerns, research matters and follow-up as needed. Document as needed.
- Create and track HR related reports; processing related invoices; additional administrative tasks as assigned.
- Assist all areas of Human Resources with special projects and assignments as needed.
Internal and External Relationships:
Communicate regularly with all levels of management and associates to provide interpretation, counsel, direction and approval of performance counseling, policy administration, compliance issues, etc.
Regular contact with corporate business partners within HR; VP Corporate Legal Counsel;
Initiate contact or follow-up with Loss Prevention, Payroll, Insurance and other departments when requested in order to resolve associate issues and gather information.
External candidates for employment
Department of Employment and Training Careers Centers
Equifax Unemployment Service Consultants
External legal firms handling discrimination / EEOC claims
External Vendors (Temporary Staffing Agencies, EAP, Background Check)
Number of Direct Reports and Titles:
Knowledge and experience at a level normally acquired through the completion of a Bachelor's degree and one to three years of human resource generalist experience with exposure to associate relations issues, problem resolution and recruitment. Knowledge of labor laws (ADA, Title VII, FLSA, ADEA). Ability to organize and influence associate issues, and bring them to resolution; perceptive listening and communication skills (both verbal and written); ability to work with various levels of management and maintain a critical level of confidentiality; proficient with MS Office. PeopleSoft and ADI experience is helpful. The ability to work a flexible schedule when needed is required.
Community / Marketing Title: HR Generalist / Business Partner
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lakeville, Massachusetts US