Loss Prevention Officer, Full-Time Floater
Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 11914
Position Title: Loss Prevention Officer
Talbots is actively hiring for a Full-Time Loss Prevention Officer to float between the Hingham MA Corporate Office and the Lakeville MA Distribution Center. This opportunity offers full-time hours, Health Benefits, pay range of $16.48 per hour and a $1,000 dollar sign-on bonus! Apply Today!
Security Officers primary function is geared toward preventing loss, by providing a visible deterrence, reducing losses of company assets, and providing protection to employees and customers while they are on company property. Maintains open lines of communication between all associates and the Loss Prevention Department.
- Ensures that all persons entering Talbot facility have proper identification and/or authorization. Ensures all visitors are properly processed, signed in, and escorted into the facility.
- Monitors facility through the use of CCTV and by conducting tours of the building. Must remain watchful and alert for conditions or risks that cause or create opportunities for theft or loss, and must report such risks to Loss Prevention Management.
- Monitors all alarms including burglar, fire and other emergency alarms. Ensures that alarms are properly activated and de-activated. Responds to alarm situations and notifies proper individuals as to the alarm status.
- Checks all bundles, briefcases, purses, and totes before associates leave the facility.
- Monitor all truck and trailer yard activity.
- Ensure all trailers and containers are properly logged into system and carefully follow US Customs guidelines for seal and container checks.
- Manufacturers and distributes store keys and cores as assigned.
- Responsible for use of careful judgement and discretion in customer and associate contact of any kind.
- Must remain pleasant, courteous, polite, and attentive in handling customers and associates.
- Responsible for completing timely, accurate written reports on all incidents involving suspected theft, criminal offenses, or any unusual incidents occurring in the facility.
- Responsible for ensuring reports are reviewed by Loss Prevention Management.
- Enforces all company policies and procedures.
- Reports all infractions of company policies to Loss Prevention Supervisor as found.
- Assists in the investigation of dishonest employees, loss of company assets or criminal activity on company property, in compliance with Loss Prevention Procedure and as directed by Loss Prevention Management.
- May be required to answer alarm calls or other emergency calls from stores.
- Responsible for ensuring that the proper personnel are notified and that the situations are resolved in a timely manner.
- Must have thorough knowledge of all Loss Prevention policies and procedures.
- Perform other functions as directed by Loss Prevention Management.
- Knowledge of and experience in security/loss prevention at a level normally acquired through the completion of a High School diploma
- 1-3 years of related experience, preferably in distribution/retail environment
- This is considered a safety-sensitive position which requires pre-employment and periodic drug/vision testing.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel assigned to this job.
Community / Marketing Title: Loss Prevention Officer, Full-Time Floater
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US