Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 11423
Position Title: Senior Recruiter
Talbots is seeking a Senior Recruiter to source and attract new talent for our corporate office and field organization. We source and hire associates passionate about their careers, developing others and building the care and confidence of our customer. We embrace technology; help our managers develop skills beyond their current role for work and life. We embrace kindness, foster relationships and think about how we can make a difference for others. Our recruiter must have an extensive network, a passion for retail, and a keen eye for talent. They must possess an ability to use multiple recruiting resources to quickly identify the right candidate to fill the job. If you are goal oriented, have strong influencing skills, love fashion and retail, and understand that recruiters must hunt and gather – we would like to speak with you about this opportunity.
- Participate in the forecasting of recruitment needs based upon planned growth and turnover analysis.
- Implement and update a recruitment strategy designed to meet the staffing needs of the organization and provide for efficient, cost effective and timely filling of open requisitions.
- Develop an advertising/job posting strategy, ensuring that job postings, and other internal recruitment activities are administered in a timely and effective manner.
- Facilitate an effective intake meeting with HR Business Partner and department management to review job description, selection criteria, planning, strategy, conduct and coordinate interviews and make hiring recommendations.
- Work in partnership with compensation department to determine appropriate salary range for the position’s roles and responsibilities. Update compensation department on critical compensation issues throughout the recruitment process by identifying market data vs. internal equity issues.
- Utilize outside recruitment agencies, relocation companies, moving companies and corporate real estate agencies during the recruitment and relocation process.
- Act as brand ambassador by representing our brand positively in a multitude of settings and generate brand awareness through partnerships and marketing.
- Effectively manage LinkedIn presence and be consistently collaborate with peers and hiring managers.
- Partner to ensure proper use of the Applicant Tracking System with the field population.
- Ensure that all applicants are communicated with throughout the interview process and receive correspondence explaining the result of their interviews.
- Conduct recruitment and employment activities designed to meet all federal, state and local EEO and other labor laws.
- Conduct reference checks on all applicants prior to extending job offer.
- Partner with department supervisors and compensation department to facilitate successful job offers.
Onboarding of New Hires:
- Communicate the appropriate orientation to new hires and system actions needed to be completed prior to their first day, ensuring that the employment transaction goes smoothly.
- Participate in setting relocation policies and determining the application of policies to individual cases.
HR Departmental Responsibilities:
- Support HR Business Partner in the building and developing of backfill strategy and keep them informed of updates that arise during the interview process.
- Work seamlessly across the larger HR organization and build strong cross-functional relationships.
- Responsible for the recruitment and implementation of our Summer Internship program.
Follow Up & Analysis:
- Prepare quarterly Recruitment Activity Report to analyze recruitment activities including cost effectiveness, timeliness and servicing by recruiter and function. Identify and resolve all issues.
- Help maintain and manage weekly maintenance of the Applicant Tracking System.
Internal and External Relationships:
- Senior Vice Presidents, Vice Presidents, Sr/Directors, Sr/Managers, and all hiring managers on recruitment activities
- Field Leadership
- HR Business Partners, Compensation Department, Payroll
- Exempt and non-exempt associates
- Recruitment representatives in Knoxville, New York, Tampa and Lakeville
- Recruitment agencies
- Relocation sources
- Industry contacts
- Daily contact with external applicants
- Area high schools and colleges
Number of Direct Reports and Titles:
None at this time
- Knowledge and experience at a level normally acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years experience in HR/Recruitment
- Working knowledge of an Applicant Tracking System. Experience using Gr8 People, a plus.
- Familiar with HRIS systems, a plus
- Strong analytical and communication skills are required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Working experience using Microsoft Teams, a plus.
- Strong interviewing skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to handle extremely confidential information
- Ability to exercise good judgment and work independently and as a team member
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel assigned to this job.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Recruiter
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US