Associate Digital Merchant
Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 10445
Position Title: Assoc Online Merch
The Associate Digital Merchant is responsible for collaborating with the Director on the pre-season curation and in-season execution of the digital merchandising strategy. This position manages gallery ranking and color features based on both aesthetic and business needs, conducts analysis of selling trends to maximize the customer experience, and collaborates with cross functional partners within the Merchandising and Ecommerce teams.
- Assist Director in planning content for email, homepage, and other digital experiences using merchandising strategies, historical results, and current business trend to guide decision-making
- Communicate merchandising strategies to the Creative and Marketing digital teams to guide messaging priorities and overall product expression in each brand moment.
- Partner with the Ecommerce team to strategize navigation, category structure, landing pages and overall merchandising of the site based on seasonality, analytics and product strategy.
- Approve all web assets and emails prior to launch for merchandise and copy accuracy
- Curate all folders for the launch of each brand moment and select detail/alt shots to feature where appropriate.
- Periodically support VP in executing deliverables for special ad hoc projects as needed
- Execute daily changes in product ranking for all categories and collection folders, utilizing business strategies, top investments, and featured products to drive curation
- Proof product pages as they launch to ensure accuracy and the best customer experience. Manage merchandising callouts on website product issues and work with the Ecommerce team to resolve issues quickly.
- Review weekly conversion reports to maximize product selling through placement and navigation
- Drive changes to email and site content based on product selling, inventory levels, and promotional changes as needed with the support of the cross functional teams.
- Support the OLM team with promotional and brand product suggestions for Paid and Organic social newsfeeds.
- Support new Stylitics initiative by approving and publishing outfits as needed.
- Monitor competition for inspiration on email, digital content, and website features
Internal and External Relationships:
- Creative and Copy
- Email and Online Marketing
- 1-2 years of ecommerce/online merchandising experience recommended
- Creative thinker with the ability to create strong, compelling merchandising stories with a brand-appropriate aesthetic
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills to drive a productive cross functional relationship
- Ability to manage effectively under pressure and hit deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills to leverage data and draw action-oriented conclusions
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial spirit to innovate and drive the digital experience forward
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel assigned to this job.
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Digital Merchant
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US