Lead Distribution Center
Location: Lakeville, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 10436
Position Title: Warehouse Assoc
The DC Lead is responsible to drive and monitor daily work activities for the assigned department at the direction of the Supervisor. The DC Lead will provide support and direction to the Associates, setting work flow priorities, problem solving and ensuring goals are met. The DC Lead is expected to create an environment of teamwork, productivity, and safety fully supporting the DC Initiatives and Goals. Performance of job functions will be with a strong sense of urgency in constant collaboration with Lakeville DC and Quality Assurance teams. DC lead will spend 20%-60% of the time performing picking, packing, shipping and/or receiving activities depending on work volumes.
- Maintain a safe working environment ensuring compliance with Talbots’ safety standards. Assist in the proper documentation of all safety standards and procedures.
- Provide direction and set work priorities for the Associates.
- Project and continuously direct and adjust daily staffing needs in order to meet objectives. Work closely and communicate with management to assure department goals are achieved. Coordinates with other DC departments for adjustments in personnel.
- Maintain a consistent presence on the floor to support Associates in executing their work activities.
- Create and maintain collaborative and productive working relationships.
- Maintain department procedures for all work processes. Assist in identifying gaps, raise issues to management and take corrective action.
- Identify any departmental or individual training needs through skill and work habit monitoring; and train and/or organize training for new recruits. Depended on to assure all Associates have the proper skills and tools to be successful.
- Provide regular feedback and coach associates to improve performance.
- Identify and report performance concerns, policy infractions, conflicts and associate concerns. Partner with Supervisor to resolve
- Conduct or contribute to daily start-up and monthly department meetings ensuring clear communication of priorities to associates.
- Provide effective leadership with the ability to proactively and positively manage/influence others
- Monitor, recommend and implement improvements that will positively impact department productivity and safety.
Internal and External Relationships:
- Other Lakeville DC Operations Departments (Receiving, Replenishment, Shopping, Folding, Packing, Shipping, Inventory Control)
- Lakeville DC Support departments: Quality Control, IT, Maintenance/Facilities, Human Resources, Loss Prevention
- 3rd party repair services
- Freight Carriers
Number of Direct Reports and Titles:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years experience in a high-volume, fast-paced Distribution Center or other equivalent environment.
- Previous experience in a leadership role strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership, decision-making, problem-solving, prioritization and planning skills.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated English fluency
- Demonstrated mathematical/arithmetic skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and conflict-management skills. Ability to develop strong working relationships built on integrity and trust.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor, guide and train Associates.
- Must serve as a positive role model to other Associates and demonstrate compliance with the Leadership Standards for the Lead position and lead by example.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail, eye for quality and a strong customer service orientation.
- Demonstrated basic computer skills required including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Strong personal accountability and productivity mindset, must work well independently as well as in a team environment
- Must be highly reliable with regards to attendance and punctuality.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel assigned to this job.
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Distribution Center
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lakeville, Massachusetts US