Manager of Compensation & HRIS
Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 10077
Position Title: Mgr Compensation
Position is responsible for managing the Compensation and HRIS functions for the company.
* Manages the development and operation of Compensation policies, practices, procedures, programs, and plans for the company. This includes the research, analysis, development, implementation and administration of all Compensation programs. Position assures effective and compliant Compensation plans are in place to attract and retain qualified candidates. Assure compensation programs support company, department and management goals, while being fiscally prudent.
* Position is also responsible for managing the HRIS function, using the Workday platform. Position is responsible for Workday reconfigurations, testing, implementations, changes, fixes, upgrades, etc. Position partners with the HR team and business units to assure the system is being utilized to it’s fullest, that business needs are addressed/supported by Workday and that the data is secure and compliant at all times.
- Manage compensation programs, plans and policies that allow management to attract and retain qualified candidates. Involves the review, analysis and development of salary structures, job descriptions, increase matrices/programs, incentive plans, adjustment programs, bonus plans, salary plans, job evaluation program, MEPA, etc. Position is responsible for assuring all programs are compliant with all laws/regulations and results in equitable pay for all associates.
- Manage salary survey process. Assure salary surveys are completed accurately, data is analyzed, effective reporting is in place and salary ranges and structures are developed and maintained. Responsible for the overall operation and utilization of the Pay Factor system.
- Manage the job evaluation process. Assure accurate job descriptions are in place. Determine Market Reference Point (market price) and FLSA classification. Evaluate positions using Market Pricing. Direct staff members in the use and application of compensation techniques, job evaluation plans, position classification systems and salary increase programs.
- Responsible for the salary recommendation process, assuring equity and conformance to established guidelines, policy and practices.
- Assure effective tracking tools are in place and maintained relative to Compensation programs: job evaluations, market pricing, survey data, bonus programs, etc. and data is accurate.
- Maintain a working knowledge of current and proposed statutory requirements and labor laws. Evaluate impact of legislation on current programs. Remain current on new developments and trends in the compensation/incentive arena. Surface and develop recommendations as appropriate.
- Responsible for the company’s Workday system which is the company’s system of record. Manage staff in the operation of the system: configuration, reconfiguration, testing, reporting, Benefits Admin, etc. Continually work to implement new functionality to support the business. Partner with Payroll and IT. Responsible for the accuracy of data in the system. Assure proper checks/balances are in place.
- Responsible for the company organization chart function in Workday. Ensures the accuracy of the organization charts by identifying areas of discrepancy and providing resolutions to insure hierarchy is correct in order to support the I Expense system and other company systems that are dependent on the accuracy of this system. Direct staff in the review of Corporate job requisitions for accuracy; identify and research discrepancy that do not match the Organizational Chart structure system; recommend effective solutions.
- Partner with the HR Team and Corporate/Stores management teams. Demonstrate and grow strong partnership with both Stores and Finance teams, specifically Stores Operations and CFO and his direct reports. Remain current on business in order to meet their Compensation and HRIS needs.
- Manage special projects.
Internal and External Relationships:
Internal: HR team, all management levels, associates, Finance, Stores Organization
External: Comp and HRIS vendors
Number of Direct Reports and Titles:
Compensation Analyst (1) and WD Analyst (2)
- Knowledge and experience at a level normally acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent experience.
- 7-8+ years of experience in Compensation and HRIS. May include work with Workday or other HCM system.
- Ability to develop Comp strategies that attract and retain talent.
- Strong technical skills, including Workday or other HCM systems, Microsoft and Excel.
- Strong management skills and ability to exercise good judgment.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to handle extremely confidential information.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel assigned to this job.
Community / Marketing Title: Manager of Compensation & HRIS
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US