Lead HRIS Analyst
Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 10073
Position Title: Lead HRIS Analyst
This position is responsible for analyzing, maintaining and supporting the Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) in Workday. Responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of employee records and data, developing and maintaining system and process documentation and communicating changes to applicable staff.
Position acts as subject matter expert for the Workday system, assuring operational excellence by all users: managers, associates and HR. Leads, trains and mentors the HRIS analyst.
Position will manage HRIS projects and develop processes and procedures to improve efficiency. The role will provide an audit function to support MSS, ESS and HR data entry. Position is responsible for customer support on inquiries and changes that are escalated. The position is responsible for the creation, maintenance and deactivation of data elements, as appropriate. This role will collaborate with IT and HR Partners for the identification and resolution of issues, evaluation of potential system enhancements, upgrades, and/or system conversions.
- Support the Manager of Compensation and HRIS in the development, operation and maintenance of HRIS systems. This includes Workday and any other systems utilized by the HR Team.
- Support the development and planning of new HR systems and/or enhancements. Analyze needs of the organization and recommend systems solutions. Stay up to date on new Workday functionality.
- Serves as the technical point of contact ensuring data integrity, system security and maintenance, system modifications, report writing, document maintenance, system audits and recommendations for process changes
- Partner with IT as needed. Communicate business requirements to IT group for projects as required.
- Support the report writing function. Prepare regularly scheduled reports and ad-hoc reporting as required. Provide HR team with report writing guidance.
- Analyze, maintain and troubleshoot issues. Provide technical support to internal users. Resolve inquiries for help and issues surfaced from users. Perform analysis into root cause of problems and resolve as appropriate.
- Perform audits of HR data to preserve its integrity and accuracy.
- Support upgrades, fixes, testing and other technical projects as assigned.
- Act as project manager on HRIS initiatives. Track project status and provide updates to the team.
- Provide leadership, training and guidance to HRIS Analyst and other HR Workday administrators.
Internal and External Relationships:
Manager and Associates company wide
Number of Direct Reports and Titles:
- Knowledge of and experience implementing and maintaining an HRIS system at a level normally acquired through the completion of a Bachelor of Science degree
- 7+ years supporting HRIS systems.; 5+ years experience with Workday
- Ability to combine HR functional knowledge with strong Workday technical expertise to drive process and system efficiencies/best practices, promote data integrity and ensure delivery of accurate reporting of data to the business.
- Ability to troubleshoot, resolve and communicate solutions for system issues to the business.
- Ability to collaborate with business partners as well as HR partners in project work.
- Strong understanding of HRIS database design, structure, functions and processes, and experience with databases tools. Thorough knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Access, etc.
- Strong project management, organizational and interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work cross functionally with the entire HR Team, IT, vendors and other key partners to ensure consistency and data integrity.
- Ability to analyze and interpret reports and spreadsheets to build data files that require data manipulation and validation; ability to recognize patterns and anomalies in data in order to spot potential data integrity issues.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to participate as a team player and provide superior customer support.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Community / Marketing Title: Lead HRIS Analyst
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US