IT Manager, End User Architecture and Support
Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 8607
Position Title: Mgr End User Architecture and Support
Oversees all end-user activities in the corporate, store environment, and is responsible for the architecture, design, implementation, maintenance, and support of Talbots’ end-user systems including Windows and Macintosh operating systems and related applications.
- Directly manage the End-User Services Technicians including training and development, designation of job responsibilities, work assignments and performance evaluations for the corporate, call center, and store environments as well as Executive End User Support.
- Develops end user technology architecture to enable users to be productive, meet the objectives of their role, and overall enable a rewarding experience for the end users. The scope includes mobile and desktop platform the OS, Microsoft Office products, collaboration suite, and other related technologies
- Develop project plans and execute them to maintain and improve service to achieve vision of End User architecture.
- Works with customers to set and align with their expectations.
- Defines End User Computing services in terms of SLAs, functions, and costs.
- Assist Technicians with Tier-2 & Tier-3 support and maintenance of all desktop operating systems and all business software applications in the corporate and store environments. This includes, but is not limited to, desktop patching, problem resolution, hardware/software inventory, and relocation of hardware, software installations, and virus definitions updates.
- Creates and maintains proper decision trees and documentation for the Enterprise Service Desk regarding corporate desktop and store troubleshooting thereby increasing 1st level resolution and reducing team escalation.
- Responsible for Operating System deployment using a combination of desktop and mobile computing imaging and management products and SCCM, AirWatch, Symantec, and other related management and security tools.
- Provide support for our executive leadership team. Requires strong technical and interpersonal skills.
- Monitor desktop systems for performance, patch levels, and maintain service-level agreements.
- Coordinate office moves and equipment changes as required.
- Ensure that proper security procedures are implemented and enforced based on internal policies and procedures (patch management, configuration, hardening, etc.).
- Ability to meet project deliverables and communicate any unscheduled changes.
- Safeguards security of equipment and data files
Internal and External Relationships:
- All levels of management and associates
- IT personnel
- Technical engineers
- Technical support professionals
Number of Direct Reports and Titles:
1+ (End-User Support Technicians)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years experience with desktop support required
- Management experience in a technical environment is required
- Experience with current operating systems on all platforms
- Knowledge of OS deployment and virtualization technologies
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must possess the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
Community / Marketing Title: IT Manager, End User Architecture and Support
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US