Location: New York, New York US
Job Number: 8570
Position Title: Product Coordinator
- Work with Design to assist in the sourcing of raw materials (trims and factory sourced garment packages); able to edit assortment when necessary and understand aesthetic -- deliver brand appropriate offerings.
- Request trim development from nominated suppliers/agents and manage all communication
- Order and track tailoring samples/protos/mockups/washes
- Enter raw material information for fabric and trim into Supply Chain Management (SCM) application
- Attend Design pass-offs to Technical Design
- Reserve style numbers in SCM then open style folders in Web PDM
- Create Beginning of Month (BOM) in Web PDM using information from SCM database, which includes primary fabric, color, and trim details based on information given by design.
- Create folder summary page, which includes: style number assignment and description, scanning and pulling sketches, entering month of delivery, agent, and vendor.
- Maintain and update Folder Summary and BOM pages as needed and communicate changes to agents and sourcing team.
- Create and ensure accuracy of body boards for delivery, style, fabric, and color information
- Order line presentation samples, track deliveries, and ensure accuracy once received
- Organize samples for line presentation and ensure all samples are in correct order with correct trim.
- Manage trim T&A with Senior Manager
- Attend detail fits and communicate changes to agents
- Update Web PDM/SCM and manage all changes post milestones
- Attend Cross Functional Team (CFT) meetings and manage open issues
- Ensure seasonal deadlines are met
- Manage style changes and open issues throughout product development process
- Collaborate with sourcing team throughout approval process to ensure on-time delivery of product.
- Act as factory liaison for product development needs; source and develop relationships with new vendors as needed.
- Associate’s degree
- 2-3 years’ experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational capabilities
- Ability to build collaborative relationships across departments and divisions
- Fundamental knowledge of product and garment construction
- Flexible/adaptable in a fast paced environment
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Web PDM
- Must demonstrate the following competencies: client focus, accountability for results, team effectiveness, attention to detail, flexibility, and professional confidence
Community / Marketing Title: Product Coordinator
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: New York, New York US