IT Project Manager
Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 8485
Position Title: IT Project Manager
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of business initiatives requiring IT solutions ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals
The Project Manager performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
- Responsible for managing all aspects of diverse, complex IT projects, including project planning, execution, timing, functionality, quality and cost.
- Applies project management processes and methodologies for the IT community to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards, and meet customer expectations.
- Document project objectives and coordinate alignment among key sponsors, stakeholders, business and technology partners
- Responsible for assembling project plans & teamwork assignments, directing work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating issues appropriately.
- Utilizes expertise and leadership skills to direct staff and to resolve issues to ensure project goals and requirements are met.
- Communicates with project team members and stakeholders to provide timely and accurate information and status updates.
- Responsible for tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet project goals.
- Assists IT Leadership in partnering with senior management of the business community to identify & prioritize opportunities for utilizing IT to achieve the goals of the enterprise.
- Compiles metrics relating to IT project success and adherence to defined processes. May track costs and performance, service levels and other metrics required to ensure project goals and objectives are met.
- Provide regular status reporting on the IS project portfolio, including budget consumption, schedule/milestone delivery and resource utilization.
- May have responsibility for multiple large, complex projects with greater impact to the enterprise.
- Deep understanding of Project Management concepts (e.g., demand management, prioritization, approval processes, reporting, issue/risk resolution, dependency identification, financial tracking, scheduling, resource management, capacity planning)
- Significant experience with IT Project Execution (e.g., estimation, scoping, build, budget, staffing, vendor management, contract management, deployment and release management, organizational change management, quality assurance)
- Experience estimating work effort and creating project plans
- Hands-on experience with large-scale system development efforts through all stages of the project life-cycle
- Understanding of deep level IT concepts as they relate to project risks, issues, and scope changes
- Ability to identify dependencies between projects and existing production environments
- Working knowledge of budget development and management practices
- Understanding of technical design and solution architecture principles
- Understanding of technical testing (e.g., performance, functional, and user acceptance) methodology
- Demonstrated knowledge in architecture, design, software development, database management systems and systems integration in multi-platform environments.
- Strong project team leadership and team building skills. Proven leadership experience, including demonstrating the ability to achieve results though others
- Strong communications skills; ability to interact with senior leadership
- Structured problem solving skills; ability to identify high-impact issues/risk for executive review
- Experience and ability to work independently, particularly as a member of a virtual or geographically dispersed team.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including customer-facing skills at all levels of the organization.Proficiency with project-based tools such as Word, Excel, Project, as well as others
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- Typically has 7 to 10 years of IT work experience, including 4 or more years managing projects. Experience with projects in multiple technologies and functions. Previous experience in multichannel retailer is a strong plus.
Community / Marketing Title: IT Project Manager
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US