IT Privacy Analyst
Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 8459
Position Title: Privacy Analyst
Under the direction of the VP, Information Security, the Privacy Analyst assists with the implementation and management of the privacy program at Talbots. This includes ensuring privacy when federal and state regulations change, new software is implemented, changes to existing applications, changes in physical locations, new or changed business processes. After reviewing all changes the Privacy Analyst will recommend strategies to ensure privacy regulations and requirement are met by Talbots. The Risk Analyst will also respond to and track all privacy related requests.
The Privacy Analyst will examine documentation, interview stakeholders, do business walkthroughs, review external research on the topic, and complete personal research in order to accurately recommend any changes required due to changing privacy requirements. This position will also manage the records of processing and data flow diagrams for Talbots including preparing for quarterly review meetings to review and update the documentation with any changes.
- Support Talbots General Counsel and Vice-President of Information Security with the development and implementation of Talbots privacy program.
- Support organization-wide privacy initiatives, such as CA Privacy Act and other state laws.
- Develop and manage internal tools, guidelines and documentation as part of Talbots privacy program, such as privacy impact assessments, process registries, and privacy by design activities.
- Support and oversee development and use of privacy-related training and awareness materials.
- Monitor and assess the impact of new privacy and security regulatory developments.
- Partner closely with all areas of the business to provide both project and operational support for Privacy related initiatives.
- Review and recommend privacy related changes as required to Talbots policies and procedures.
- Perform Privacy Impact Analysis for projects and identifies appropriate policy and technical controls
- Maintain data mapping and other artifacts to address compliance to global regulations including CA Privacy Act (CCPA)
- Partner with business and IT to ensure the company has and maintains appropriate privacy and confidentiality consents with vendors and business partners separately, or as part of a contract agreement.
- Provides support and assistance with the investigation of privacy and security incidents using documented policy and procedures.
- All other privacy duties as assigned.
Internal and External Relationships:
- Business and IT organization at all levels
- Third party vendors
- External consultants
- Privacy Standards Organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or other related business discipline preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years in a privacy related role in an organization, in projects, in changes.
- Privacy Assessment experience; knowledge of privacy concepts.
- Experience with US laws and regulations such as CA Privacy Act, Massachusetts Privacy Act, GDPR, etc.
- Experience in a PCI Compliance environment
- Experience with technology privacy disciplines including Audit and Regulatory Compliance.
Community / Marketing Title: IT Privacy Analyst
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US