Director Customer Analytics & Data Management
Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 8404
Position Title: Dir Customer Analytics
The Director, Customer Analytics and Data Management is responsible for managing enterprise-wide customer analytics and data management as well as driving day-to-day analytical support and insights across our Ecommerce and CRM business teams, to include support of ecommerce, online marketing, direct mail, loyalty, and email activities and business operations. This is a highly visible and dynamic role with the ability to make a huge impact on the Talbots customer and business. In this position you will delivering actionable customer insights to improve customer acquisition, engagement, and retention across all marketing channels; drive robust understanding of customer interactions and flows across the entire ecommerce funnel; develop and support customer segmentation and targeting strategies; and own the Talbots customer data environment while continuously evaluating and improving data sources, structures, and tools. The successful candidate will be equally comfortable getting into analytical details or leading strategic segmentation and marketing contribution discussions with executive leadership. This robust and broad role will require a collaborative and hands-on leader with experience building teams and mentoring staff.
- Lead, manage, and mentor the Customer Analytics and Data Management team.
- Drive customer understanding within Talbots, developing customer metrics, segmentation, analyses, and actionable insights to enable omnichannel acquisition, engagement, retention, and sales strategies.
- Partner closely with peers to support daily ecommerce and CRM operational needs and business understanding, leading to short-term and long-term actionable insights
- Develop customer value and lifecycle metrics and analyses to support marketing optimization, leveraging insights regarding acquisition sources, customer profiles, sales channels, behavioral models, etc.
- Develop robust reporting and analyses of metrics detailing customer interactions and flows across the entire ecommerce funnel, enabling better operational understanding and decision-making regarding site functionality, merchandising, user experience, and promotional performance.
- Leverage a deep understanding of predictive analytics, AI/ML, and other new technologies in support of developing business and customer insights
- Manage the Talbots customer database to: (1) ensure data integrity, hygiene and functionality, (2) oversee the analytic toolset (SAS, SQL, campaign management, optimization, etc), and (3) continue to evolve the data infrastructure to support omni-channel insights and strategies.
- Provide subject matter expertise for advanced test design and evaluation – including power sampling techniques and determining statistical significance (chi-square, t-test, ANOVA, etc).
- Develop automated reporting capabilities in support of the above analytical work in order to more broadly disseminate data and insights across Talbots.
- Oversee the execution of the Analytics and Data Management roadmap and budget.
Internal and External Relationships:
- Brand Marketing
- Database vendors
- Analytical consultants
Total Staff: 7
Number of Direct Reports and Titles:
1 (Senior Analyst, Ecommerce Analytics)
1 (Manager, CRM Analytics)
1 (Manager, Customer Data Management)
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years experience in marketing and/or ecommerce analytics
- 4+ years managing direct reports
- Advanced expertise in utilizing complex analytic techniques within the retail industry to understand customer profitability drivers and behavior – including predictive modeling, clustering and regression trees (CART), data mining, and optimization techniques
- Proficient in utilizing statistical methods to test hypotheses, developing insights and recommendations.
- Exceptional quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to proactively mentor and coach staff on new skills and analytical techniques
- Proficiency in data-mining software such as SAS/SQL or equivalent
- Advanced capabilities in extracting, manipulating, and analysing large data sets
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel assigned to this job.
Community / Marketing Title: Director Customer Analytics & Data Management
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US