Vice President of Design, Footwear & Accessories
Location: New York, New York US
Job Number: 8336
Position Title: VP Design
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Design, the Vice President, Footwear & Accessories will oversee the creation and execution of original Footwear and Accessories concepts and have the ability to understand merchandising, sales and branding components to successfully deliver a strong accessories assortment that marries back to the apparel collection. The accessories category will include but not limited to footwear, handbags, belts, SLGs, jewelry, fashion accessories, cold weather, swim, and sleepwear.
- Create and innovate seasonal design direction and translate brand vision into strategies that deliver sales and profit growth.
- Implement design process and identify key opportunities to expand strategy around product category assortment while maintaining brand consistency.
- Develop, drive, and present seasonal concepts including materials, prints/patterns and fabrics that enhance apparel collection.
- Collaborate with cross-functional peers to translate brand vision into strategies that achieve merchandising sales and gross margin plans.
- Partner with VP, Sourcing/Product Development to ensure quality, delivery, and cost support product life cycle pyramid.
- Establish relationships with agents, vendors, and third parties to ensure innovative development of product that meet cost, delivery, and quality initiatives.
- Influence team by providing positive leadership, creative problem solving, and development to build bench strength and succession planning.
- Manage team budget that includes samples, travel for market research, and raw materials as well as product execution and product development.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10+ years in design, leadership experience required
- Proven success working in branded, vertical retail environment
Community / Marketing Title: Vice President of Design, Footwear & Accessories
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: New York, New York US