Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 8191
Position Title: Purchasing Agent
This position is responsible for the purchasing of company supplies, equipment and furniture. To provide the best product at the best price while maintaining Talbots quality standards. To provide support to all stores and corporate locations as necessary.
- Develop bid specifications for company programs and recommendations for awarding bids. Make vendor selection and place orders for approved programs. Direct and monitor bids for multiyear contracts. Verify annual bids for audit compliance.
- Oversee order process from start to finish on awarded programs.
- Source new products and vendors as necessary and negotiate pricing.
- Monitor and assess vendor performance and resolve vendor issues.
- Analyze financial data and inventory levels to determine the best business decisions for the company.
- Coordinate stock item reorders with the end users and review inventory levels as necessary.
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years related purchasing work experience
- Experience in vendor negotiations
- Demonstrated problem solver
- Ability to multitask projects and prioritize
- Purchase order/inventory control systems knowledge, excel
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel assigned to this job.
Community / Marketing Title: Purchasing Agent
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US