Forklift Operator II/Yard Driver
Location: Lakeville, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 8013
Position Title: Forklift Operator II
WE ARE HIRING!
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A GREAT PLACE TO WORK?
- Clean, safe, climate controlled environment
- Company-subsidized cafeteria
- Opportunities to grow your career
- Friendly, team-oriented culture
Full-time positions are eligible for our benefits plan including:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits after 30 days
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- Paid holidays
- Associate discount
- Tuition reimbursement.
The Talbots Distribution Center in Lakeville has an opening for a Day Shift Forklift Operator II/Yard Driver. Scheduled hours are Monday-Friday 730am - 400pm.
This position is primarily responsible for safely operating powered material handling equipment including forklifts, order pickers, and motorized pallet jacks, responsible for putting away and retrieving boxed merchandise into and out of reserve pool racks and accurately scanning receipts. This position will also serve as the back-up Yard Driver to handle absence coverage and/or heavy volumes. This includes driving the yard tractor, spotting trailers in the yard and into/out of dock doors for shipping and receiving
Fork Lift Operator
1. Safely operate powered material handling equipment including forklifts, order pickers, and motorized pallet jacks.
2. Ability to operate material handling equipment (forklifts, order pickers) without fear of heights.
3. Pick and Put away all retail reserve cartons.
4. Maintain a safe and orderly work area.
5. Other assigned duties including Dock Management and Receiving functions.
6. Assist in other areas of the distribution center as needed.
Back-up Yard Driver responsibilities
7. Safely operate tractor-trailer on Talbot’s property.
8. Move trailers into and out of doors for shipping and receiving departments.
9. Perform daily yard checks consisting of trailer number and location verification.
10. Inspect all outbound use for roadworthiness.
11. Maintain neatness and organization of the yard.
Knowledge and Experience:
▪ High school diploma
▪ Basic math and reading skills
▪ Experience with computers and understanding of barcodes is helpful
▪ Previous forklift, reach truck or motorized equipment operation is preferred.
▪ 1+ years of experience in a Distribution Center environment is preferred.
▪ Must have a valid driver's license. A CDL license is not required, but is preferred.
▪ Must have at least 1-2 years of driving experience and the ability to safely operate a tractor trailer.
▪ Must be reliable, punctual, able to be on your feet standing and walking all day when not driving
▪ Must be able to push, pull and lift up to 50 lbs on an occasional basis
▪ Must be able to work in a safe, production driven and customer service oriented environment.
▪ Strong team skills, communication skills (must be able to communicate in English in a clear and concise manner) and attention to detail are important. .
▪ This is a safety-sensitive position and will require pre-employment and periodic drug/alcohol/vision testing.
Community / Marketing Title: Forklift Operator II/Yard Driver
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lakeville, Massachusetts US