Supervisor - Distribution Center
Location: Lakeville, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 7809
Position Title: Supv Distribution Center
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A GREAT PLACE TO WORK?
- Clean, safe, climate controlled environment
- Company-subsidized cafeteria
- Opportunities to grow your career
- Friendly, team-oriented culture
Full-time positions are eligible for our benefits plan including:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits after 30 days
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- Paid holidays
- Associate discount
- Tuition reimbursement.
Talbots Distribution Center in Lakeville, MA is looking for a positive, team-oriented, motivational Supervisor with a passion for helping associates realize their best potential while having fun doing it. If this describes you, please apply!
The Supervisor will be responsible for supervising the daily activity of hourly associates. Assigns work and monitors productivity to ensure high standards of quality, accuracy, housekeeping, merchandise damage minimization and safety. Works to maintain a high level of associate morale, engagement and recognition.
- Management responsibilities for the team members under his/her supervision.
- Ensuring prompt, efficient and accurate handling of merchandise as well as developing and implementing team goals.
- Hiring, evaluation, development and performance management of hourly associates.
- Ensures all operations procedures are followed effectively, and identifies and recommends needed changes to Operations Manager and/or Assistant General Manager on the standardized processes for the functional area.
- Evaluates and analyzes current work methods and recommends ways to eliminate inefficiencies.
- Directing associates in daily operations, and monitors to ensure a high degree of productivity, safety, service and quality.
- Training, coaching and feedback of hourly associates, and performing regular evaluations of associates through factual data and subjective observations.
- Driving a high performance/high accountability culture that encourages both Associate Engagement and Customer Satisfaction.
- Uses discretion to provide coaching and counseling to associates regarding job performance, methods of performing job tasks.
- Resolving associate relations issues that arise in assigned functional area.
- Investigating operational errors to determine the cause and recommends corrective action where needed.
- Serve as a role model to the associates demonstrating a high level of personal and professional conduct and complying with Talbots Rules of Conduct Policy and the Standards for the Supervisor’s Position.
- Implement fair and consistent practices in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain a safe working environment ensuring compliance with Talbots safety standards.
- Interview and select appropriate candidates for open positions.
- Develop and maintain training programs and materials to ensure effective training of all non-exempt associates.
- Provide regular feedback and coach associates to improve performance and comply with Talbots policies. Address and resolve performance concerns.
- Establish and maintain a positive and productive working environment.
- Identify and resolve associate concerns and conflicts.
- Plan and conduct daily start-up and monthly department meetings ensuring thorough communication to associates.
- Prepare and submit accurate payroll information in a timely manner. Ensure proper use of benefit time.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- Three years of experience in a leadership role in a distribution warehouse or equivalent environment
- Demonstrated customer-focus, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to train and coach others
- Demonstrated track record of driving results and continuous improvement
- Strong change management skills
- Experience with Labor Management System preferred
- Strong communication, analytical, planning, organizational, and decision making skills
- Advance background in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
Community / Marketing Title: Supervisor - Distribution Center
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lakeville, Massachusetts US