Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 7592
Position Title: Mgr Financial Plan & Analysis
This position supports strategic direction through analysis and financial modeling and directly impacts bottom line performance through the planning process and trend analysis of operating expenses and key metrics for designated corporate areas. The manager will serve a key role in the finance organization overseeing the financial planning for functional areas of the business. Responsibilities will include budget and forecasting, monthly reporting and variance analysis.
- Oversight of budgeting and forecasting for certain functional areas of the business,
- Work with key business partners and finance team to gain insight into business trends and strategic initiatives that impact financial forecasts. Learn the operations of the areas and key drivers.
- Maintain and analyze key financial and operational metrics to understand and evaluate business trends
- Assist in cost benefit analysis for significant expense and capital investments, providing appropriate recommendations.
- Provide leadership, training and development to financial analysts on the team.
- Collaborate with finance team to share knowledge and improve internal processes
- Assist in the preparation of executive and board-level presentations
- Other ad hoc projects and analyses, as needed
Internal and External Relationships:
- VP Finance
- Finance / Accounting and Planning Partners
- Functional leaders across the business
- Vendors and consultants
Number of Direct Reports and Titles:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- 6+ years progressive finance or public accounting experience with CPA/MBA preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience with Oracle and Hyperion preferred but not required
- Financial modeling and project management experience preferred
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Data and detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage commitments and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic retail environment
Community / Marketing Title: Manager FP&A
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US