Merchandising Coordinator - Temp
Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 7063
Position Title: Temp/Contractor- Hourly
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Execute sample tracking process utilizing sample tracking system (order placement through receipt)
- Review samples as they arrive with merch team; follow up where necessary regarding incorrect samples
- Prepare visual assortment sheets for assistant merchant to utilize at product handoff meetings. Denote late sample information on visual sheets.
- Gather, label and organize sample racks and also provide stand-ins for missing samples. Pass rack to assistant to present at assortment visual handoff meetings.
- Monitor timing of late samples, keep assistant merchant informed of all late samples
- Provide samples for marketing/social/PR when requested
- Gather and organize samples for Merchant for all weekly business meetings as well as other meetings where samples are required (hindsight, look book, womens branding, samples sent to/from NY)
- Support assistant with sample room clean up , maintain multiple sample storage areas
- Potential to support assistant merchant with order entry during peak times
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Systems and computer literacy-Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills and time management; detail oriented, deadline driven and able to work independently at times
- Creative problem solving skills
- Communication Skills; written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoys collaborating within team dynamic and fast paced environment
- Interest and passion in fashion, merchandising, and operations
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment
- Knowledge and experience normally acquired by the completion of a high school degree
- Ability to operating independently, without close supervision, but also work as part of a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good time management and attention to detail
Community / Marketing Title: Merchandising Coordinator - Temp
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US