Construction and Store Maintenance Specialist
Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 6438
Position Title: Construction and Store Maintenance Specialist
Position is responsible for managing the sealed bid process for Talbot’s construction and renovation projects. This position records and tracks construction bids for all capital project requests handled by the Construction department. Facilitates the collection of all construction allowances. Tracks and reports data on a monthly basis both internally and to Finance.
- Communicates effectively with stores maintenance management, stores procurement management, the outsourced maintenance vendor, stores field management, general contractors, and corporate partners.
- Must be multi-tasked oriented with ability to prioritize workload.
- Participates in learning opportunities and maintenance leadership team meetings.
- Ensures maintenance issues are completed in a timely manner to ensure little or no disruption to store operations.
- Manages all appropriate paperwork per project basis between general contractor and construction project manager including utility set up.
- Responsible for managing the sealed, bid administration process.
- Prepares, monitors, reconciles all contracts, purchase orders, invoicing, identifies and advises of any discrepancies and charges backs.
- Maintain and manage bid scheduling and tracking with all affected internal and external sources.
- Review and ensure audit compliance of all sealed bid openings.
- Review and oversee bid analysis worksheets and implements bid notification process.
- Contractor notification process
- Database management and reporting
- Oversee general contractor training and development
- Oversee certificate of insurance compliance
- Responsible for AIA General Conditions/Master
- Term Contract documentation process.
- Records and tracks on a project basis actual cost versus budget.
- Conduct lease review for all Talbot’s special requirements.
- Review and define all Landlord charge backs.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Review and manage warranty work orders thru third party maintenance vendor and general contractor.
Provides general administrative support for Stores Maintenance, Store Planning, Design, Construction, and Procurement
- Knowledge and experience normally acquired thru the completion of an Associate’s degree
- Three to five (3-5) years experience within the construction field
- Proficient computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self starter requiring minimum direct supervision; ability to work independently
- Excellent analytical abilities required for financial aspects of the position
- Must have the ability to multitask and prioritize work load
- Knowledge of store facilities and standard maintenance needs
- Work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Able to work cooperatively in a diverse work environment
Note: This position description is intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. It is not intended to be inclusive of all duties and responsibilities and is subject to change
Community / Marketing Title: Construction and Store Maintenance Specialist
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US