Location: Hingham, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 6395
Position Title: Recruitment Consultant
This position is responsible for implementing and updating a recruitment strategy designed to meet the exempt staffing needs of the Hingham corporate offices, Lakeville Distribution Center, New York Design Center, Telemarketing office in Knoxville and the Tampa System Center. Develop and implement recruitment programs that strengthen Talbots ability to attract, assess and select top talent to into the organization.
- Participate in the forecasting of recruitment needs based upon planned growth and turnover analysis.
- Implement and update a recruitment strategy designed to meet the staffing needs of the organization and provide for efficient, cost effective and timely filling of open requisitions.
- Recruit for exempt level openings by meeting with department management and reviewing selection criteria, planning, strategizing, conducting and coordinating interviews and making hiring recommendations. Work with department supervisors and compensation department to facilitate successful job offers.
- Conduct reference checks on all applicants prior to extending job offer.
- Communicate the appropriate relocation package and orientation guidelines to new exempt hires, ensuring that the employment transaction goes smoothly. Participate in setting relocation policies and determining the application of policies to individual cases.
- Ensure that all applicants are communicated with throughout the interview process and receive correspondence explaining the result of their interviews.
- Conduct recruitment and employment activities designed to meet all federal, state and local EEO and other labor laws.
- Develop an advertising/job posting strategy, ensuring that job postings and other internal recruitment activities are administered in a timely and effective manner.
- Utilize outside recruitment agencies, relocation companies, moving companies and corporate real estate agencies during the recruitment and relocation process.
- Prepare quarterly Recruitment Activity Report to analyze recruitment activities including cost effectiveness, timeliness and servicing by recruiter and function. Identify and resolve all problems.
Internal and External Relationships:
- Senior Vice Presidents, Vice Presidents, Directors, Managers, and Supervisors on recruitment activities
- Exempt and non-exempt associates
- Recruitment representatives in Knoxville, New York, Tampa and Lakeville
- Advertising agency
- Recruitment agencies
- Relocation sources
- Industry personnel contacts
- Chamber of Commerce
- Daily contact with external applicants
- Area schools
Number of Direct Reports and Titles:
- Knowledge and experience at a level normally acquired through the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent experience
- 6-8 years experience in HR/Recruitment
- Strong analytical and communication skills are required
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Excel
- Strong interviewing skills
- Strong writing skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to handle extremely confidential information
- Ability to exercise good judgment and work independently and as a team member
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel assigned to this job.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Recruiter
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hingham, Massachusetts US